jcharles

Reaction score
I have PIAF Installed version: 2.0.6.4

I see the latest version is 2.0.6.5.0

Is there anyway to upgrade?

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Latest version is actually PIAF3. Can't remember the decimals off of the top of my head.
Yes, there is an upgrade path. I know there is at least for 2.0.6.5. Not sure about 2.0.6.4.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Generally you are not missing *ANYTHING* between 2064 and 2065 or for that matter 3065 or 365 In essences the version numbers *USUALLY* indicated the version of Centos and had nothing to do with the "guts" of the PBX. Of course due to the Centos/RH idiocy we moved to CO/SL and now use a generic install systems which is why we changed the version number. In future we are working on an automatic upgrade process that will do all of the stuff including upgrade your version numbers (Not that the version numbers mean anything major). NOTE when I say automatic I mean it will be something the user can initiate if THEY choose. This is not something that should EVER be run as a CRON job.

I hope that we can move everybody (who wants to) over to the PIAF/OS system and be done with all the crap and drama.

Cheers

Tom

jcharles

Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing about PIAF/OS.
How stable is it right now? I won't plan to migrate right away. I'll let
the bugs get worked out if there are any.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
piafos *IS* Scientific Linux based and uses all of the common core of rpms there are several customized rpms that have had the trademark/copyright stuff removed in order to comply with the new world order from RH/CO. Thus it is as stable as the original SL 6.5

But it taint ready yet as we are still experimenting some with extra customization to give others a run for the money and make some improvements and provide better support for *ALL* of the PIAF family of products and some new ones we have not announced.

Beyond that if you installed RH/CO/SL/FC you wont see ANY difference in terms of speed or usefulness.

Tom

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing about PIAF/OS.
How stable is it right now? I won't plan to migrate right away. I'll let
the bugs get worked out if there are any.

We ain't got no stinking bugs.

bug.gif

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Hey ward I broke my monitor swatting the bug.......

Thanks buddy

Tom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.