TIPS Unmask Caller ID on Vitelity

Twilight Sparkle

https://voip.ms/en/invite/MjM2MjQ4
Reaction score
i use Vitelity as PBX, but it wont unmask there *67 Caller ID?

is there a add-on service with Vitelity or is Vitelity Blocking me from unmaksing *67 calls?

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
When you say "unmask" do you mean if someone calls one of your DIDs with *67 you want to get their CID?

Twilight Sparkle

Reaction score
Yes Sir, Yes Sir...
it worked on Sip Station using local Area code DID
but they dont offer SMS so i switched to Vitelity to Discover that they dont allow CID Unmask for Normal DID only Toll Free DID, so i bought a Toll Free Did now i can unmask CID... but there is a small issue now........ THERE IS NO SMS OMG... im pulling my Pony hair out

i cant seem to find a Sip Proivder with 1. SMS 2. Local Area code DID 3. Unmask CID all in 1 package!

im looking to get SMS + DID + UnMask CID using the same DID Number so i dont have to give out two DID numbers to people!

Sip station allows CID Unmask but they dont offer SMS
Vitelity offers SMS on DID but not Unmask cid unless u get Toll Free DID but then it has no SMS

im going nuts

iSEPIC

Reaction score
just forward your local vitality DID to your TF vitality DID and see if that works, then you can still SMS from the local DID and have it unmask. Expenisve way around it though. The only other provider that does what you want is Flowroute, and only on some of their DIDs (and they don't know which, I just found on some of them I purchased, some do some don't and if you port a number in, it never doss - so its a chance with them).

You can also setup a ring group, incoming ring to DID also rings your extension, toll free DID, and etc. Then you get the # that way -- have the did ring only 2 rings or something and email you an incoming text for the caller.

rcoates

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that forwarding your local Vitelity DID to a toll free number will NOT work because you have already answered the call. iSepic -- did you actually test this or just figure that it would work?

rcoates

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that forwarding your local Vitelity DID to a toll free number will NOT work because you have already answered the call. iSepic -- did you actually test this or just figure that it would work?

Note: I'm assuming here that you meant you would forward the call using Asterisk. If you mean that you would forward the call in the Vitelity User Panel, then it might work. The problem with that is you'd be paying per-minute toll free fees to unmask all calls, not just calls with blocked caller ID.

Twilight Sparkle

Reaction score
every thing only seems to work with out forward-ing from 2 diffrent numbers

if i try from LOCAL DID to TOLL FREE to Cell phone no luck
if i try from local did to toll free to pbx to cell phone no luck
only seems to work from cell phone forward to toll free back to cell phone
or toll free to cell phone

iSEPIC

Reaction score
It does work, at least it used to, I don't do it this way anymore, but incoming non-toll-free number into asterisk, out to ring group (1) desk phone, (2) cell phone (3) toll free --- the toll free incoming route also on asterisk server, just have it hang up after emailing you the caller id - cell phone will get "private", desk phone will get private --- but you still get the phone number unmasked and sms/email to you and not pay for toll free mins (or maybe just one minute minimum) --- anyway, most of the major providers this works with (voip.ms, flow route, vitelity, etc.) of course some of them it may not work with, usually those don't even unmask callerid to toll free numbers anyway (they get the ANI and put it in the call log but don't unmaks it and push it to CND ) --- anyway, it works, I did use it, but now I am a bit more involved in my own switch so don't really need to do it this way anymore.

iSEPIC

Reaction score
every thing only seems to work with out forward-ing from 2 diffrent numbers

if i try from LOCAL DID to TOLL FREE to Cell phone no luck
if i try from local did to toll free to pbx to cell phone no luck
only seems to work from cell phone forward to toll free back to cell phone
or toll free to cell phone

who do you have as a provider? Try to fwd to toll free directly from provider's portal if they are not passing to your asterisk server (e.g. in the headers)
also it will help if it's the same provider (local DND and toll free) - some providers do not pass unmasked coller id even on toll free numbers (just log it into your call log), they are not required to pass it "live"

BTW, vitelity does allow SMS on toll free, I don't know if they MEANT to, but it works for me! Very amazed I can sms from my cell phone to toll free and vice versa via s.ms !

Twilight Sparkle

Reaction score
SMS does not work for me. they also told me SMS does not work on Toll Free only on Local numbers!

i started using Twillio u has to ask for there PROVATE beta testing host for the SMS for Toll Free SMS.
its way cheaper then ZipWhip & its pre-piad not monthly. its like $0.01/3 for 4 text lol

Twilight Sparkle

Reaction score
i did get unmasking working and sms. its all cool now.
i had to go into account and tell system to stop showing my caller id. so once i tell my cell phone to Call forward the unknown caller to my toll free number the toll free number calls fail back to my cell phone with that callers number LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aegodoyr
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.