NO JOY Unable to restore PBX to new machine

docgreen

Reaction score
I've been going round and round with this migration and have not been able to achieve 100% success. Each time, something has gone wrong. I'll run through the list of what I've done and the outcomes of each attempt, and hopefully someone here can tell me where I'm going wrong.

The machine I'm migrating FROM is running PIAF-Purple... Asterisk 1.8, FreePBX 2.10, Incredible Version 403. I used IncredibleBackup to back up that machine to an external drive.

For the first series of attempts I installed PIAF-Purple (latest version) with Asterisk 1.8, FreePBX 2.10, and no IncrediblePBX. I then installed IncredibleFax2, and ran IncredibleRestore.
On these attempts, the phone system worked perfectly, however the Fax server did not. All of the IAX modems showed as [please wait] in the AvantFax GUI.

Someone smarter than I said the problem was that I wasn't installing IncrediblePBX on the new machine, so the second series attempts were the same, except this time I also attempted to install IncrediblePBX3. This did not work. During the IncrediblePBX install, the computer would lock up and leave me with a wall of text I couldn't make sense of (occaisonally it would say "kernel panic" which I read may be due to a hardware/driver issue?) Below is a photo of the wall of text (I was installing directly on the hardware, not through SSH)

That same "smarter than I" person suggested that maybe I should try newer versions of Asterisk/FreePBX/IncrediblePBX, so on the Third series of attempts I installed PIAF-Green with Asterisk 11, FreePBX 2.11, IncrediblePBX 11, Travelin' Man 3 and IncredibleFax 11. This install worked just fine from beginning to end, however after finishing the IncredibleRestore, the system couldn't connect to the GV trunks. In AvantFax, all IAX modems show as [idle], so I'm assuming that problem is resolved, but now I get "all circuits are busy" when I dial out, and inbound calls go unanswered.

I'm at the point where I'm ready to start over from scratch and just try to txfr all of the system recordings over manually (IVR, MOH, etc) but I don't want to lose all of my call/fax logs, and I really would rather not spend an entire day rebuilding all of the settings.

Anyone have any ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.