TIPS Ubuntu and Incredible PBX 12 cannot register

Brianmac

Reaction score
Brand new install of ubuntu 14.04 and incredible PBX 12 following nerd vittles Midnight Madness (http://nerdvittles.com/?p=11041)
No issues with install and I did all updates and module updates. I cannot for the life of me get yate client to register an extension. I then deleted the 701 extension and created a new one, no good. I keep getting the message "<sip:WARN> Transport(general) Socket read error: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host." then it times out. I did the same install about a month ago on different hardware and had the same outcome, gave up, but now I am back for more punishment....

I check the logfiles through the GUI, but don't see any connection attempts. I'm using the same laptop as putty, on my LAN, so I know its not an IP block.

any help would be appreciated....

Thanks,
Brian

Attachments

• IncrediblePBX12.jpg
    IncrediblePBX12.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 10

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
I repeatedly have this problem with a new incredible PBX install and the Yate client. I have commented about it before in this forum, and others have observed that they, too, have had issues. I have no idea what the fix may be. For me it seems that the problem simply goes away after a while. During the time that I am having issues with the Yate client I am able to use other clients to connect to the PBX without a problem.

Brianmac

Reaction score
I have tried other clients with the same issues. I'm more concerned on where to look in the log files to see the connection attempts..... I see nothing in the GUI log files...

Thanks,
Brian

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I repeatedly have this problem with a new incredible PBX install and the Yate client. I have commented about it before in this forum, and others have observed that they, too, have had issues. I have no idea what the fix may be. For me it seems that the problem simply goes away after a while. During the time that I am having issues with the Yate client I am able to use other clients to connect to the PBX without a problem.

For those with a Mac, try the (free) Telephone app from the App Store. Works flawlessly... all the time. :idea:

Brianmac

Reaction score
Is there a log file that would show an attempt by and endpoint to register with the PBX?

Thanks,
Brian

Brianmac

Reaction score
Ward, is that the same as the one in the GUI, because it doesn't show anything when I try to connect wit a SIP client...

Thanks,
Brian

Brianmac

Reaction score
ok, no takers.... time to mothball and go back to Centos....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.