Two Cisco 7940 phone problems

rylen

Reaction score
Following a thunderstorm, I am having trouble with two Cisco 7940 phones.

1) The first says "Ethernet Disconnected" even when the cable is plugged in. That cable works for other phones of the same type. I've tried doing a factory reset and am looking for the next step.

2) The second powers up normally provided a live Ethernet cable is not plugged into the 10/100 SW port. The instant one is plugged in, the phone shuts down. I have not set it up for Power over Ethernet. I've used a power brick and cable that worked for other phones. I'm looking for options here, too.

Thank you.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Following a thunderstorm, I am having trouble with two Cisco 7940 phones.

1) The first says "Ethernet Disconnected" even when the cable is plugged in. That cable works for other phones of the same type. I've tried doing a factory reset and am looking for the next step.

Buy new phones, I'm afraid. Sounds like they got cooked. Lost a couple power supplies this weekend on desktop equipment sans surge suppressor.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.