TIPS trunks does not respond after adding more inbound trunks

bobmats

Reaction score
Did a clean incredible pbx 11.4 install on centos 7 yesterday evening.

added 3 trunks for inbound calls only
1 trunk 1 provider, 2 trunks same provider different number
I did not add the ip address for these trunks to firewall, they still regsitered. In previous try, 2 days before I did add them but this did not seem to make a difference for the problem below.
registered 1 extension

Let this rest overnight.
This morning trunks were registered, when calling both trunks the extension received the call.

I added 3 extensions
No problem, calls still came into the trunk and extension received the call.

I added 3 more trunks four outbound calls only
these trunks are all from the same provider.
adding 1 does not create a problem, adding 2 more seems to create a problem for the 3 registered inbound trunks. When calling them I get the message the person you are trying to reach and the other one gives me the voicemail from that provider.

Deleted the 2 trunks I last added.
This brings me back to 4 extension 3 outbond trunks, 1 inbound trunk that originally worked.
issued core restart now command thru cli

calls now come in thru the resitered trunks

Have been trying this for more than 1 day now but every time i add 2 outbound trunks from that provider the incoming trunks stop working

Any clues ?

billsimon

Reaction score
It sounds like you would be better off setting up exactly one trunk for this provider. Think of a trunk as a multi-channel, multi-line pathway between you and a provider.

If you're doing it this way because you've got a bunch of separate accounts through the provider, consider consolidating them.

The most likely reason for the failure is that one of the versions of the trunk you are adding does not contain "insecure=port,invite". SIP debugs and Asterisk logs would probably have the answer.

Who is the provider? there's got to be a better way than having 6 trunk definitions for a single provider.

bobmats

Reaction score
provider is voicetrading.com

Hope I found the answer to the problem.
I dropped filling in anything at the register string box.
voicetrading has been setup to only accept the server ip address for making calls. this way it will accept calls from the server ip I guess only using the username.
After dropping the register string I now have 3 trunks from them registered and other trunks still accept calls.

I could indeed only use 1 trunk than using outbound dial rules.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.