QUESTION trunkcheck.sh enhancement needed

LesD

Reaction score
I use trunks from voipfone.co.uk which I have found very good with excellent service.

There is one issue with them, in that occasionally the trunk ceases to be registered and then stays like that till manually dealt with.

What seems to happen is that when registration is lost Asterisk tries to re-register, but instead ends up being banned by Voipfone. The ban is automatically removed after two minutes but it seems Asterisk eventually also seems to give up trying - which is a good thing in so far as it allows the ban to be reset but then there is nothing to trigger a registration.

Voipfone support have explained:

This is due to our auto banning system, if you lose your connection for a period of time your system can be banned. Due to a bug in Asterisk, it keeps trying to register to us with an old 'nonce' which is no longer accepted. I believe they've fixed this in newer versions.

They have a solution in that authentication can be arranged to be by IP but that is not a final solution as we generally have dual internet line which automatically switch if one fails so the IP will change and Voipfone can only handle one fixed IP.

Their other suggestion is to reload Asterisk in the event of the trunk failing.

Could someone suggest an amendment to the existing script to do that?

Code:
  │  PIAF Installed Version  = 3.6.5 under *VIRTUALBOX*                │
  │  FreePBX Version          = 2.11.0.38                              │
  │  Running Asterisk Version = 11.7.0                                  │
  │  Asterisk Source Version  = 11.3.0                                  │
  │  Dahdi Source Version    = 2.6.2                                  │
  │  Libpri Source Version    = 1.4.12                                  │
  │  IP Address              = 192.168.0.240 on eth0                  │
  │  Operating System        = PBX in a Flash release 3.6.5 (PIAF3)    │
  │  Kernel Version          = 2.6.32-431.5.1.el6.i686 - 32 Bit        │
  │  Incredible Version      = 11.9

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.