AWAITING FEEDBACK Travelin' Man 3 Whitelisting

Matthew Brown

Reaction score
Hello,

I've setup a incrediblepbx on rentpbx.com but am having some issues setting up whitelisting.

I've setup a fqdn and setup a cron job to the ipchecker file. It is working correctly and the name.iptables files are updating with the correct IP information however even once they have updated, the ip's cannot access the box. I've also added a cron to restart iptables every 3 minutes (ipchecker ever 2 mins) and still no such luck. Have I missed a stage out to get these addresses into the whitelist?

any advice would be fantastic?

if it helps the system is in ubuntu 14.04 (prebuilt image option)

Thanks

Matthew

Matthew Brown

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this? Happy to pay someone to figure it out?

Thanks

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Run: iptables -nL

Does it show the whitelisted IP address in the list? Which ports?

What does IP's cannot access the box mean? Is this a SIP connection or something else??

Matthew Brown

Reaction score
Hi,

The IP Does not appear in the list. when I say IP, i mean the device that the FQDN resolves to. I setup all access for that fqdn and I can see the IP Changing but it does not appear to import into iptables.

Thanks

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Try removing the account with del-acct and then add it again.

Matthew Brown

Reaction score
That appeared to work thanks :)

Is there any way to make the ipchecker file run without an active ssh session? I setup a cron job with the command:

*/2 * * * * /root/ipchecker > /dev/null

However it does not appear to run if I'm not logged in.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Your syntax is wrong. Add something like the following to /etc/crontab:

Code:
*/2 * * * * root /root/ipchecker > /dev/null 2>&1

Matthew Brown

Reaction score
Hi,

I've tried adding this but still I am unable to login to the pbx when my IP changes. I've got dyndns setup to update when my main pc is switched on but even after 30 minutes I have to do a port knock to gain access or go in via a vpn server. For management this isnt an issue but for handset use where the phones are on different subnets this will cause a complete headache. Surely it cant be as hard as this to setup? I've tried on 3 different platforms and always get the same results (digitalocean, amazon & rentpbx)

Any light as to what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Send me a private message with the contents of your .iptables files in /root (cat /root/*.iptables)
AND the first 10 lines of /root/ipchecker (head -10 /root/ipchecker).

Matthew Brown

Reaction score
Hi Ward,

I've decided to go down a different route. the .iptables files were updating but still couldnt get in. I've decided to setup vpn access via the private network (digitalocean) and login that way (dd-wrt routers provide great access for remote offices)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.