Resource icon

PIONEERS Travelin' Man 3 for RasPBX (IPtables WhiteList Utility)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
wardmundy submitted a new resource:

Travelin Man 3 for RasPBX - IPtables Firewall Impementation for RasPBX platform

travel.gif

Travelin' Man 3 is a collection of scripts for managing the Linux IPtables firewall on a RasPBX server.

On the RasPBX platform for the Raspberry Pi and BeagleBone Black, Travelin' Man 3 provides the following utilities:
  • iptables-restart to restart the IPtables firewall and load your iptables rules
  • iptables-status to view the current settings of the IPtables firewall
  • /root/secure-iptables to initially configure IPtables with access to your server enabled for a primary Internet IP address and a list of preferred providers
  • /root/add-ip to add access to IPtables for a new IP address by including the new IP address in your server's WhiteList
  • /root/add-fqdn to add access to IPtables for a new fully-qualified domain name (FQDN) by including the new address in your server's WhiteList
  • /root/del-acct to remove a previously entered IP address or FQDN from your server's IPtables WhiteList
  • /root/ipchecker lets you configure one or more Dynamic FQDNs to monitor
Installation:Travelin' Man 3 is installed as an automatic update by logging into your RasPBX server as root.

Prequisites: apt-get install dnsutils

Read more about this resource...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I think we're ready for a few pioneers. This version of Travelin' Man 3 only works on the BeagleBone Black platform with RasPBX and Incredible PBX. Don't try it elsewhere!!!

After installing Incredible PBX on your RasPBX device, here are the initial steps to activate IPtables with Travelin' Man 3:

Code:
apt-get install dnsutils
cd /
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/travelinman3-raspbx.tar.gz
tar zxvf travelin*
rm travelin*
cd /root

Continue reading the tutorial to configure and activate IPtables with your customized GoodGuy WhiteList... :cowboy:

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
Hi

I am setting this up for the first time...

1. Question: Am I right to assume I do not have to use /root/add-fqdn for those SIP providers that are already registered?
2. How do I add my mobile phone (on 3G network) ? When I try this, I get:
root@raspbx:~# /root/add-ip rm 10.16.7.169
Invalid IP address. Please try again.
Server: 127.0.0.1
Address: 127.0.0.1#53

** server can't find 169.7.16.10.in-addr.arpa.: NXDOMAIN
3. In the current situation when Sipdroid on my mobile phone is already trying to register, but iptables still not opened, can I see (a log) somewhere that iptables has rejected this?

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
1. IF you are successfully passing traffic without the IPTables rules, they are most likely already included in the default allow list.
2. That's not a public IP Address. That's a Carrier-Grade NAT'd internal IP address.

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
Thanks.
re 2. You are right. I assumed I saw the correct IP address in the Android Status. To solve this I installed the DYNDNS app for android and it shows the IP addresses.
I am now trying that with running the ipchecker, but he ip addresses keep changing (I guess when the phone goes to standby) faster than ipchecker can update :)
I will tinker a bit more....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ejrubin
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.