SUGGESTIONS Travelin' Man 3 CIDR Notation

voipman69

Reaction score
Hi all

I have so far used the firewall-whitelist script. Yesterday I installed a new PIAF green server and the traveling man 3 scripts. Great work. However, I will need to add a large-ish range of IP addresses in cidr notation. How would one go about doing that? This is trivial to do with the old firewall-whitelist script, but I like the more refined workings of travelling man much better so I am hoping there is an easy way with that as well.

Cheers

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
voipman69: Easiest way is to add the first IP address using add-ip. Then edit /etc/sysconfig/iptables (on CentOS platform), find your entry that you added, and add a CIDR mask to the IP address to cover the range of addresses. Here's a calculator to help you out. Then iptables-restart.

voipman69

Reaction score
Hi Ward

Thanks for that - I have all the cidr notations already -problem is it's a list of a couple of hundred? How do I easily slot those in?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
cut-and-paste into the section created for the first entry is probably best. Do you mean you have hundreds of IP address ranges to enter??? Why would you ever need that many in a WhiteList? Just curious.

voipman69

Reaction score
Hi

Yes - we allow everything from our country and nothing from outside. Has worked like a bomb for years now. That was the beauty of the old whitelist script (which still works fine by the way) - simply put them all in a text file and that's it!

The cut and paste method will work I guess but it would still be a LOT of work, especially seeing I would have to do this for around 50 servers......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.