Transfers - attended works, blind just hangs up

lifespeed

Reaction score
This seems to be true using Bria as well as a Yealink phone. I can make an attended transfer, where the extension being transferred to is rung, then answer. I then push the transfer button again, and the transfer happens.

But if I click transfer, enter the extension number, and then 'transfer now', the call fails. True for both Bria and Yealink.

Is there some possibility I have the extensions configured incorrectly? They seem to work fine in other ways. I can call between extensions, and outside the LAN.

Am I the only one with this problem? PIAF purple x64.

jess101

Guru
Reaction score
What type of system to you have your software installed on? I saw this same issue with every version of Incredible PBX I installed on an ASUS D510 dual core Atom system. It only worked after I installed a version of Asterisk/FreePBX with the Centos 5.4 OS. It would not work with Centos 5.5 no matter what I loaded with it. I also found that the call park feature would not work either.

lifespeed

Reaction score
Uh oh. I am running an Intel D525MWV pinetrail dual-core atom processor. Is this an asterisk 1.8.1 bug?

jess101

Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn't know about this being an Asterisk 1.8 bug, as I have not tried it yet. I do know that I tried it with the Bronze, Silver, and Gold versions of Incredible PBX, all of which load Centos 5.5. It wasn't until I did an install using Centos 5.4 that the transfers and call park started working with my ASUS D510 motherboard set up.

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
We had an odd problem with a different Asterisk distribution that was CentOS 5.5-based, but with similar issues that you're describing using an Asus M2A74-AM motherboard. Makes me wonder if it's not the same thing.

Would you post your output from these two commands?

Code:
cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/available_clocksource
cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource

lifespeed

Reaction score
We had an odd problem with a different Asterisk distribution that was CentOS 5.5-based, but with similar issues that you're describing using an Asus M2A74-AM motherboard. Makes me wonder if it's not the same thing.

Would you post your output from these two commands?

Code:

'jiffies' is both the available and current clock source.

How were you able to resolve the call transfer problem?

jess101

Guru
Reaction score
I can't give you the output of those commands here, as I just installed the box with the ASUS AT5NM10-I motherboard for a customer. I have another on order, and can give that a try when I get it going.

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
'jiffies' is both the available and current clock source.

How were you able to resolve the call transfer problem?

The jiffies clocksource should be fine. But, here is what I had posted over on the "greenie" forum. This system was a SIP-only setup and needed to use DAHDi for a timing source.

I ran into this problem on one of the servers we were in the process of deploying using a different Asterisk distribution. This affected music-on-hold (to a very minor degree, though), paging, conferencing, call transfers & parking - basically, anything that relies on the DAHDi timing source. However, intercom calls and extension-to-extension calls appeared to work just fine.

My most noticeable symptom outside the above issues: The NTP daemon on the server would try to re-sync about 80 times per hour. The clock would skew 3 seconds about every 3-4 minutes.

I install munin on each server I deploy as it will give you a quick visual reference on the state of the system. The munin graph for NTP was all over the place. High jitter and offset against a local (LAN) NTP source. Everything else about the system appeared normal.

After some digging, I found out that the Linux kernel uses a certain clocksource for timing at boot time. What I never found out is how it determines which clocksource to use. It appears to be automatic unless you specify it. Each reboot, the system might be using a different clocksource - which explained why it worked initially, but not after subsequent reboots.

Before you can set this at boot time, you have to know what is available in your kernel.

First, check which clocksource is being used:
Code:
This will tell you the current clocksource that the kernel is using.

In my case, the system was using tsc (time-stamp counter). I found out that some hardware has issues making use of tsc. You may even see tsc (use dmesg) as "unstable". I then looked at the other available clocksources:
Code:
This returned acpi_pm jiffies hpet tsc pit. I compared this to another system and found out it was using hpet (high-precision event timer). I switched the misbehaving system over to hpet by issuing:
Code:
echo hpet > /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
You can only do the above if it's available as an clocksource. If it doesn't exist in available_clocksource, it won't work. hpet is only available on the later kernel builds in CentOS.

All the problems mentioned above disappeared on that system. NTP went back to normal. You can make sure it always uses what you want by putting it in the grub.conf file For example, setting hpet by adding clocksource=hpet to the kernel line in your grub.conf file:

Code:
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.18-128.10.1.el5 ro root=/dev/md0 clocksource=hpet
The kernel timing (or lack thereof) will affect DAHDi along with everything else. I know the above may be a bit of a stretch for your problem. It's not something I've ever encountered before or since, thankfully.

lifespeed

Reaction score
A couple lines from dmesg command refer to timing. The PCI lines below are repeated several times, preceded by a different IRQ value.

Code:
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:1b.0 to 64
dahdi: Detected time shift.

I don't have munin installed. I think the following does not point to a timing problem, but perhaps I need a graph over time to see possible issues? I do note the PIAF time appears to be within 1 second of other PC's on the network, all using external NTP servers.

Code:
root@pbx:~ $ ntpq -p
     remote           refid      st t when poll reach   delay   offset  jitter
==============================================================================
+ns1.anodized.co 128.118.25.5     2 u  423 1024  377   93.284   -2.654   7.925
+mirror          128.138.140.44   2 u  433 1024  377   98.537   -3.080  37.030
*clock.team-cymr 172.16.65.22     2 u  496 1024  377   80.306    1.925   4.520
 LOCAL(0)        .LOCL.          10 l   46   64  377    0.000    0.000   0.001

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucky
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.