Transfer to voicemail needs delay

edisoninfo

Guru
Reaction score
When I transfer a call direct to someone's voicemail by first dialing a * then the extension number, it works fine except that the unavailable voicemail message starts playing immediately. Even tho I try to be fast, by the time I hang up and the call is connected to the caller, the caller has missed the first several words. Is there a way to make asterisk not start playing the message until the call has finished transferring?

edisoninfo

Guru
Reaction score
I just press the XFER key on the Aastra 57i phones. I'll have to see how that works..... Thanks for the heads up

euser4life

Guru
Reaction score
Here is one better....

We map a Transfer to voicemail key on the phones.... I'm not in front of a system at the moment so I can't look at the aastra dial plan but the key looks like this....

Code:
topsoftkey1 type: speeddial
topsoftkey1 label: Tr VMail
topsoftkey1 value: "##*+"
topsoftkey1 line: 5

Then during a call we simply hit the "Tr Vmail" key and then enter the desired ext and off they go......

edisoninfo

Guru
Reaction score
Ok, I finally had a chance to play with this but was stumped right away. I called into the system from my cell phone and pressed ##70 and the system completely ignored me. No matter how fast I hit the ## nothing happened except that I could hear the tones in my cell phone. I have verified the blind_transfer setting in the conf file and general screen of FreePBX.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.