TRY THIS Timeout for Assisted Call Transfer

rdoac

Reaction score
Is there a way to increase this?

Most of our extensions are on cell phones using Follow me, and take about 10 seconds to setup the call. When using *2, the end user says they get about 1/2 ring, then it hangs up. The operator says, the call being transfered is then handed back to them.

The log says:

"We exceeded our AT-timeout for Local", looks to have a coded time of exactly 10 seconds.

Is there a way to make this 20 or even 30? Using IncrediblePBX 11 on Green.

lucorium

Reaction score
if I understand the problem, I think you can solve this by increasing the the "ring time" on the "extension settings".
The default is 20 seconds. Make it 40 seconds and the cell phone will ring longer.

rdoac

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the problem is not at that point. The issue is only on assisted transfers via the server (ie, dialing *2, then extension). There seems to be a cut off of ten seconds to have the call answered. If it doesn't happen, the original caller is thrown back to the operator (without warning), so operator thinks it's the called extension, and it's the person on the line she's hoping to connect.

10 seconds is not long enough to setup a cell phone call. But I can't see where it can be lengthened. Interestingly, the transfer button on the phone does not have this problem, but my operators prefer the asterisk one, as it beeps to let them know the call is transferred.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.