TRY THIS Three DTMF on Single Button Press

Jammer

Reaction score
A client that we have set up a phone server for has been having issues on calls going out.
When they call someone with an automated system, they have issues selecting options from the said menu(s).
When they dial out, everything is fine. Once the call is accepted, both the client and the people they call can hear three beeps, same tone, when a button is pressed. Such as pressing 5 turns into 5-55. With this issue, working through an automated system is quite a pain.

This issue is sporadic. Most calls has the issues, occasionally they don't have the issue.

I have read around on the internet for the last month and have not found a solution that has clearly worked. I'm almost at the point that I feel like I'm attempting to pull rabbits out of a hat, and not getting anything.

I am still new to PBX and Asterisk, but I have been catching on and learning quite quickly.

billsimon

Reaction score
Using the SIP INFO or RFC 2833 methods for transmitting DTMF should solve this. Are you connected to the PSTN through a SIP provider or through analog/digital circuits?

Jammer

Reaction score
Using the SIP INFO or RFC 2833 methods for transmitting DTMF should solve this. Are you connected to the PSTN through a SIP provider or through analog/digital circuits?

I'll check the settings and try them out this afternoon when things quiet down.
The client is connected by PSTN directly to the Phone Server with a phone card; Sangoma 4 FXO analog card w/ Echo Cancellation.

billsimon

Reaction score
Sorry, the SIP advice is likely irrelevant since you're connected with analog circuits. More than likely, you'll have to tune some settings on the analog card to ensure the echo canceler is working and sending at the right levels. But I don't work with analog hardware so I'll step out and let some gurus help solve the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.