I HAVE A DREAM The Easy Mass Dialer

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Live in a tornado-prone area? Ever wonder why you never heard of that oil spill down the street? Didn't get the word on the change of location for the company picnic?

Thanks to asteriskmonkey, a new drag-and-drop open source mass dialer is about to bloom. Now's your chance to add to the Wish List right here.

Our #1 wish would be to expand it from merely phone calls to also support SMS and Email delivery (especially for failed calls)...

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
As part of our HOA neighborhood watch program, this would be very useful indeed!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I would assume that open source means open + source.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
But remember: with great power comes great responsibility...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just think of the possibilities if PBX in a Flash had a flash-based GUI. :drool5:

Reaction score
I like the idea of an interface to manage feeding the SMS scripts, since this is goign to be for general purposes, I can add sms. I like that idea :)
Thanks for those links save me time writing that function :).

Although why not make another one for chan_dongle ? I have done that before and you can get some sims really cheap with unlimited texting for 5$/mo so you can really save alot with those if doing regular messaging.. Ill make the config determine what to use.. ie dongle,google,or other providers etc should people want to extend it.

Reaction score
its still going to run i assume, but there deprecating it/not offering it publically anymore :/ ... plivo looks to be cheapest reputable alternative.. Ill build a test module for this and go raid my clag closet for a gsm dongle to test chan_dongle :)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
its still going to run i assume, but there deprecating it/not offering it publically anymore :/ ... plivo looks to be cheapest reputable alternative.. Ill build a test module for this and go raid my clag closet for a gsm dongle to test chan_dongle :)

Last time I checked Just confirmed, SMS messaging is still free at VoIP.ms. :piggy:

Reaction score
ill add the voip ms one too then since you have it posted above, I got a hold of there chat seems they will be a penny per message on launch.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
asteriskmonkey: Just set up a new Google Voice account today, and chat is (once again) enabled by default when you activate a new Google Voice number. :auto:

It appears the Google Chat and Hangouts are no longer mutually exclusive.

Reaction score
Just to give an update on this thread, we are still working on an initial rel, target asterisk version is going to be 13 and up. (this may work with 11 and up as initial set is using ami, but we are working with ami reference on 13)

Reaction score
ok we have some early work online, people who wish to test as we build are encouraged to add me to skype to get access to beta testing :) my skype is "asteriskmonkey"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.