TRY THIS TeleYapper

kwimberl

Reaction score
I have a church that wants to be able to broadcast a recorded message to external extensions (around 50) when there is a weather cancellation, etc. It seems that TeleYapper 4 did this, but TeleYapper 5 is probably not as good of a fit. Both appear to be a bit dated and I am doubting they will work now.
Is anyone aware of a good solution?

bobkoure

Reaction score
There's a VoicemailBlaster extension that might do what you want.
Admin/Module Admin/Check online

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
VM Blaster will only work for internal VM boxes, if I recall correctly.

TY4 should work just fine. What issues did you encounter?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
SMS Dictator is free.

dictator.gif

kwimberl

Reaction score
I checked out smsblaster and it looks good. My test on it (just to my cell) worked flawlessly.

However, not everyone in the church gets or wants SMS messages. For those persons who will need a phone call, I finally got around to testing out TY4. As I suspected, the dialplan had some issues. I think I mostly have those sorted out, but I am still getting this error:

-- Executing [h@yapper-gen:1] AGI("SIP/702-00000000", "teleyapper.php|1,g|1,f|1") in new stack
[2014-04-02 02:35:11] WARNING[15457][C-00000000]: res_agi.c:1641 launch_script: Failed to execute '/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/teleyapper.php|1': File does not exist.
Ideas?

kwimberl

Reaction score
Thanks!

I had fixed the pipes in all of the other lines, but was not sure about the AGI syntax. If anyone needs the updated flite conf, let me know.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Sure - can you post it here so that all can access it? If not, forward across to me :)

Nicholas

Reaction score
Trying to build this for my church too. I read that teleyapper 4.0 should work with current PIAF Green. Getting script returning 0:, then nothing happens. No call is ever placed. There is mysql user and password which I already edit in teleyapper.php. I see the log that teleyapper.php was able to access database. Trunk is verified working, when placing calls from extension. Any help would be appreciated.

Teleyapper 4.0
PIAF Green
Asterisk (Ver. 11.8.1)

-- Launched AGI Script /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/teleyapper.php
-- <SIP/did-00000003>AGI Script teleyapper.php completed, returning 0
-- Executing [h@yapper-gen:2] Hangup("SIP/did-00000003", "") in new stack
== Spawn extension (yapper-gen, h, 2) exited non-zero on 'SIP/did-00000003'

Code:
$maxlines=1 ;
$maxretries=1 ;
$retrytime=60 ;
$waittime=60 ;
$callspread=2 ;
$debug = 1;
$newlogeachdebug = 1;
$emaildebuglog = 1;
$email = "[blocked my email address]" ;
$trunk = "SIP/trunk_out" ;
$callerid = chr(34) . "TeleYapper" . chr(34) . " <6781234567>"  ;

teleyapper.txt
Code:
TeleYapper 4.0 (c) Copyright 2006-2008, Ward Mundy. All Rights Reserved.

May 21, 2014 - 13:08:14  *** New session ***

agi_request: teleyapper.php
agi_channel: SIP/did-00000003
agi_language: en
agi_type: SIP
agi_uniqueid: 1400695635.3
agi_version: 11.8.1
agi_callerid: +[blocked my cell phone]
agi_calleridname: +[blocked my cell phone]
agi_callingpres: 0
agi_callingani2: 0
agi_callington: 0
agi_callingtns: 0
agi_dnid: [blocked my did]
agi_rdnis: unknown
agi_context: yapper-gen
agi_extension: h
agi_priority: 1
agi_enhanced: 0.0
agi_accountcode:
agi_threadid: 140698681685760
agi_arg_1: 2|g
agi_arg_2: 2|g
agi_arg_3: 1

The following application-specific variables also were passed from Asterisk:
ThisApp: /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/teleyapper.php
GROUP: 2|g
COUNTER of matching records: 2|g
REDIAL Request: NO

Attempting to open TeleYapper database.
TeleYapper database opened OK.

Reaction score
I thought it was a problem with the way old teleyapper uses cepstral, we need help to make this work please

Earl Wertheimer

Reaction score
If someone has TeleYapper working with Asterisk 11, it would be appreciated if you could let us know. I understand the reluctance of releasing this feature and how it can be abused.

Ward posted the following in the Developer section: "@krzykat: I'm a bit torn on TeleYapper. On the one hand, I'd love to provide it for community emergencies and little league teams. On the other, I do not want to provide a product that helps telemarketers or politicians ruin people's private time with their families. Our SMS Blaster software works well for BOTH community emergencies and little league teams without aiding and abetting the dirt bags. So the short answer is "I don't really know whether to rework it or not." Having said that, commercial implementations particularly in the medical field are still a possibility on a case by case basis."

My application is for Medical Telephone Appointment Reminders for a Canadian Open Source EMR called Oscar. The commercial solutions are too expensive, since we will only be calling the patients who do not have email or Cell phone numbers (for SMS). It will never be used to call anyone else. I already have email and text notifications working using simple Mail-Merge to Email from the database. This would be a way to contact older patients who don't have or use email.

thanks

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I have 2 different needs for this. One is we have a soccer club that has different age groups with different coaches. I'd love to be able to have them call in, record a message "Practice is tomorrow night at 6PM" ... The other is for a Condo project "There is a 24 hour hurricane watch in effect, please move all your furniture off of the patio".

If the project gets renewed, it would help out a lot. If not ... I think we'll probably get it re-written. There is the do not call list, so people abusing it would be fined. But I understand Ward's objection and whichever way he goes with it, I'll understand.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
I would use it to notify our block captains in our Neighborhood Watch program. Would be extremely useful.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Try the Wombat dialer http://wombatdialer.com/. WombatDialer comes with a free 2-channel license that you are free to use as you wish - no strings attached. Very easy to setup. I've got one customer that is using it to notify their customers of an upcoming event.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I finally got around to checking this out for our soccer club. I've got most everything working I believe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.