TIPS Superfecta for SPAM calls

Robert Kaczanowski

Reaction score
Hi All,
I've been playing with Superfect 2.11.12 to try to stop the upcoming onslaught of political calls. I've tweaked every setting on the Superfecta module (especially the SPAM intercept, etc.) and these calls still get through; Even the ones flagged by PhoneSpamFilter and WhoCalled. Even tried a known spam number. (my blacklist entries are empty).

Here are my screenshots (sorry they are cropped different sizes). :)

Are there any step-by-step instructions for setting up 2.11.x Superfecta?. I'm at wits end trying to get this to work.

Yes, I've checked and unchecked and re-check and un-re-checked the SPAM intercept and turn on/off the SPAM substitute and tried various numbers in the Threshold values... still no terminate known spam numbers.... Ugh.

superfecta1.jpg

superfecta2.jpg

superfecta3.jpg

superfecta4.jpg

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Spam intercepting needs to be first, before anything else in your list. Not third down.

Robert Kaczanowski

Reaction score
something still wrong... tried all these and still not working. If I enable Privacy manager then make a call into my PBX with a blocked number, Privacy manager DOES intercept and ask for a phone number. Regardless of the number entered (known spam or just jibberish), the call gets thru.

And if I spoof my number and call from-into my pbx with a known spam number, the call gets thru.

I run the debug on a known spam, it gets flagged, but doesn't terminate call (or any other directive)...

Any debug ideas?
superfecta5.jpg

superfecta6.jpg

superfecta7.jpg

Robert Kaczanowski

Reaction score
Noticed the final module is "abandon lookup" and ALL entries get tagged with "unknown" unless they are in the Superfecta cache. Does this point to a bug in that module or my system?

Robert Kaczanowski

Reaction score
followed this thread:
http://community.freepbx.org/t/cid-superfecta-stopped-doing-anything/23410/30

and did the same thing (turned off all except whocalled.us and cache). Then turned them on one-by-one until they work now. My setup is: whocalled, phonespamfilter, superfecta cache, asteridex, trunk provided, asterisk phonebook, abandon lookup. It now terminates know spam numbers.

But DOES NOT terminate spam numbers if the Privacy Manager is enabled and the phonenumber is Blocked and the person enters a known spam number in privacy manager.... is this a limitation of Privacy Manager AND CID Superfecta?

mp3geek

Guru
Reaction score
I take a decidedly lower tech approach. I block incoming toll free numbers entirely and I also send incoming calls to an IVR, since I noticed that almost all boiler rooms and politicos won't push a button, or they are automated and can't push a button to ring the phones, so I never hear their calls. I haven't gotten any calls (at least I don't hear them) from robodialers since.

wa4zlw

Reaction score
trying to make spam interception work and i even created an account at whocalled.us to no avail then I turned on debugging and found this:

<html>
<head><title>301 Moved Permanently</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx</center>
</body>
</html

Is there a fix for this? thanks leon

wa4zlw

Reaction score
FYI

Incredible PBX/FAX 13-12.2 for CentOS 6

Asterisk: UP Apache: UP MySQL: UP
SendMail: UP IPtables: UP SSH: UP
LAN port: UP Fail2Ban: UP Webmin: UP
GV OAUTH: DN PortKnock: DN NR VPN: UP
FaxGetty: UP IAX Modem: UP HylaFax: UP

RAM:95MB CentOS release 6.7 Disk:22GB

Asterisk 13.6.0 Incredible GUI 12.0.30

Private IP: 45.x.y.z 10.17.0.5

Public Info: 45.x.y.z

System Time: Mon Jan 25 08:08:27 EST 2016

< OK >

wa4zlw

Reaction score
Is there a list of the various variables I can use when generating the SUperfecta email to user? I'd like to know which DID it came on and if it was reported as SPAM.

No that I have the FCC blacklist mod running it seems I cam getting two emails for each inbound call.

Also, if I try and redirect the FCC blacklist mod to lenny (as reported in another thread) we get congestion yet direct calls to lenny work.

THoughts anyone?

Thank you leon

wa4zlw

Reaction score
It looks like the redirected call is being sent through one of my trunks not peering directly to itslenny.com

dialing 53669 works:

Active Channel(s)

Channel Location State Application(Data)
PJSIP/701-00000001 (None) Up Dial(SIP/[email protected]
SIP/sip2sip.info-000 (None) Up AppDial((Outgoing Line))
2 active channels
1 active call
3 calls processed

Chan_Sip Channel(s)

Peer User/ANR Call ID Format Hold Last Message Expiry Peer
107.6.67.236 (None) 5db9d85f6db3ce0 (nothing) No Rx: OPTIONS <guest>
81.23.228.129 2233435945 05d6ab1449da485 (ulaw) No Tx: ACK <guest>
2 active SIP dialogs

Chan_PJSip Channel(

Channel: <ChannelId........................................> <State.....> <Time(sec)>
Exten: <DialedExten.............> CLCID: <ConnectedLineCID.......>
=========================================================================================

Channel: PJSIP/701-00000001/Dial Up 4
Exten: s CLCID: "LENNY" <53669>

inbound being redirected to lenny fails:

Active Channel(s)

Channel Location State Application(Data)
SIP/voipms-00000006 (None) Up Dial(SIP/[email protected]
SIP/sip.itslenny.com (None) Down AppDial((Outgoing Line))
2 active channels
1 active call
5 calls processe

Chan_Sip Channel(s)

Peer User/ANR Call ID Format Hold Last Message Expiry Peer
107.6.67.236 trunk userid 7b4fca356d34ece (ulaw) No Rx: ACK voipms
198.22.64.241 lenny 4e8c69f11e96ba8 (ulaw) No Init: INVITE <guest>
2 active SIP dialogs

Chan_PJSip Channel(s)

No objects found.

============

any ideas folks?

thanks leon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.