GOOD NEWS Super Cheap hosted PIAF

fang0654

Guru
Reaction score
Right now I'm testing out PiaF on Digital Ocean. You can fire up a vanilla CentOS 6.5 VM, with 512MB of ram and 20 GB SSD space for $5.

So far it seems like the install is running fine. I'll post back how the performance seems to be. This may make a pretty awesome solution for a cloud based PBX. The only big drawback I can see is no hardware firewall.

fang0654

Guru
Reaction score
Huh, totally missed that! I have seen the FreePBX GUI show the load jump to 100% occasionally so far.

fang0654

Guru
Reaction score
So far I'm using it with a GXV3240, and it seems to work well. This is on a Sunday afternoon though - we'll see how it holds up tomorrow :)

JayG30

Reaction score
If you are looking for "cheap" VPS hosting you might want to check out deals on lowendbox. From what I've read they use to be a much better website a few years ago but management changes and other things happened so I'm not sure what the current status is (I know people were migrating to a different forum) but I've found them helpful.

I use Ramnode mostly. I have a few of these;
OpenVZ SSD-Cached VPS
1GB RAM
200GB Disk
2.9TB of bandwidth
$9.30/month

Performance is better then anything else I've tried. Uptime is exceptional. And the owner, Nick, is a great guy that just gets stuff done.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Ramnode is good. I have a box there, but not a pbx. Are you hosting a pbx there? Does it work?? There are lots of VPS that are cheap. Not all of them are friendly to PBXs. ChicagoVPS has 1G for about $20/year.

Digital Ocean JUST WORKS. No issues. 1-minute setup, exclusive of the install time for Incredible PBX. Uptime at 99.95... it'll get to 59s I'm sure... for $5/mo for a 512K, more than enough to run decent PIAF.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.