QUESTION Strange system recording message

sleipnirtron

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a PiaF 3.0.6.6 server running FreePBX 2.11.0.43 and Asterisk 11.15.0 with a couple of Grandstream GXP2124s and Bria on my LG G2. It's running in a Vultr VM with CSF Firewall blocking everything but my home IP (couldn't get Travelin' Man to stop blocking my IP and was locked out many times, so no TM3). I monitor it often and have had no issues at all. It's an excellent system, thanks guys!

So this morning I'm calling an 866 number (without the 1) and got a strange message: a guy's voice says "No Routes Found", then Allison says "All circuits are busy now". The guy's message sounds like it's recorded from a cell phone in a car. So I went to Outbound Routes and saw the dialing pattern for that route had a 1 before it. I removed the 1 (I never dial a 1 if I don't have to) and the call went through successfully. A little while later, I was wondering what recording that was and tried to recreate the situation, but try as I might I can't get that male recording to play again, just Allison.

So my question is: is there a recording of a male voice in the default install of PiaF 3.0.6.6, and where is it? If not, what the heck could it have been? Could it have possibly been a Bria recorded message? I don't think so because it was so poorly recorded. Should I be alarmed?

billsimon

Reaction score
It probably came as early media from your SIP provider before the provider sent an error condition, to which Asterisk responded by playing you the "All circuits are busy" file.

sleipnirtron

Reaction score
That makes sense. I considered something like this before mild paranoia set in. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.