SOLVED straight talk ip address changes for travelinman

ariban

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently changed my us cell plan to straight talk who uses at&t network.
however for some reason straight talk shows one public ip but sends another one to dyndns (i dont understand why).
everytime i google show my ip, its always a different ip even if its done every second without loosing connection in between.
however i noticed that its always 173.209.212.xxx where the xxx changes but the rest is always the same.

is there a way to add in the whitelist of travelinman 173.209.212 and the last 3 digits no matter what they are will always be accepted?
right now the only way i can use my phone is through a vpn service enabled on my phone. otherwise it wont work!

any help is greatly appreciated.

thank you
Ben

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if Travelinman supports CIDR notation, but that's what you're looking for. You may need to add that to iptables manually.
You'd want 173.209.212.0/24 for your network.

ariban

Reaction score
Thank you Rossiv, I will manually add it!! I wasnt sure how to write it so thanks for writting the ip for me!

ariban

Reaction score
I actually was able to use traveling man to add the ip and it worked! (thanks again)
i did the following:
./add-ip straighttalk 173.209.212.0/24

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.