SOLVED Static on Yealink W52H handset

Tom Clark

Reaction score
I bought a Yealink W52P base station and two additional W52H handsets at Telephony Depot. Everything seemed to work fine at first. After just a few days, though, callers started complaining about not being able to hear me over the static when I used one of the additional handsets. I sent an email to Yealink support. They had me perform a hard reset on the base station and a reset on the affected handset. Once I did that, the problem went away, or so I thought. A day or two later the handset that came with the base station started exhibiting the same symptoms as the first handset. Oddly enough the first handset that had the static is doing just fine. The firmware is current for both the base station and handsets.

Just for grins I tried isolating the base station from nearby devices, such as my wifi router, but that hasn't helped. I even get static when the unit is disconnected from the network entirely. I've sent another email to Yealink support, but they don't always get back to me in a timely manner. I was hoping that someone on the forum might have experienced this problem before. I could do the base station reset/handset reset again, but that's not a long term solution.

Tom Clark

Reaction score
Yealink support has decided that the handset is at fault, and told me to return the phone to Telephony Depot. My replacement handset arrives tomorrow. Kudos to Telephony Depot for not giving me the runaround, and sending me the new phone without waiting for me to send them the old one first. Thanks also to Yealink support. I'll update this posting with the status of the new phone. Keep your fingers crossed.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Tom Clark, would it be possible for you to confirm the firmware versions on the handsets and the base?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
For those that haven't discovered them, Telephony Depot IS A BREATH OF FRESH AIR!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.