QUESTION Speed Dial and Analog phone

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
I posted this to the Bug section, but haven't seen an answer/response in a week or more, so I thought I'd post here.

My system:

Code:
      lqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqSYSTEM INFORMATIONqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqk
                  x  Asterisk  = ONLINE  | Dahdi    = ONLINE  | MySQL    = ONLINE    x
                  x  SSH        = ONLINE  | Apache    = ONLINE  | Iptables  = ONLINE    x
                  x  Fail2ban  = ONLINE  | Internet  = ONLINE  | Ip6Tables = ONLINE    x
                  x  Disk Free  = ADEQUATE| Mem Free  = ADEQUATE| NTPD      = ONLINE    x
                  x  SendMail  = ONLINE  | Samba    = OFFLINE | Webmin    = ONLINE    x
                  x  Ethernet0  = ONLINE  | Ethernet1 = N/A    | Wlan0    = N/A      x
                  x                                                                    x
                  x  PIAF Installed Version  = 2.0.6.5 under *HARDWARE*                x
                  x  FreePBX Version          = 2.11.0.38                              x
                  x  Running Asterisk Version = 11.10.0                                x
                  x  Asterisk Source Version  = 11.10.0                                x
                  x  Dahdi Source Version    = 2.9.0                                  x
                  x  Libpri Source Version    = 1.4.14                                  x
                  x  IP Address              = 192.168.40.29 on eth0                  x
                  x  Operating System        = CentOS release 6.5 (Final)              x
                  x  Kernel Version          = 2.6.32-431.1.2.0.1.el6.x86_64 - 64 Bit  x
                  x  Incredible Version      = 11.10                                  x
                  mqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqj

I have a combination of SIP extensions and an analog phone connected via a Digium TDM800 with hardware EC. The analog gives me cordless and lets me roam around while speaking.

The phones and features appear to work correctly - I can transfer between, make and receive calls, etc.

The system reports I'm using 'DAHDI Version: 2.9.0 Echo Canceller: HWEC'

What I can't do is use the speed dials in the phone book to place calls using the analog phone. In the CLI, all I get is:

-- Starting simple switch on 'DAHDI/8-1'
-- Hanging up on 'DAHDI/8-1'
-- Hungup 'DAHDI/8-1'

I get a fast busy signal on the phone after it doesn't place the call.

When I use the SIP phone I get

Code:
  == Using SIP RTP TOS bits 184
  == Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
    -- Executing [*031@from-internal:1] Macro("SIP/2000-000001e4", "user-callerid,") in new stack
    -- Executing [s@macro-user-callerid:1] Set("SIP/2000-000001e4", "TOUCH_MONITOR=1414586328.575") in new stack
    -- Executing [s@macro-user-callerid:2] Set("SIP/2000-000001e4", "AMPUSER=2000") in new stack
    -- Executing [s@macro-user-callerid:3] GotoIf("SIP/2000-000001e4", "0?report") in new stack
    -- Executing [s@macro-user-callerid:4] ExecIf("SIP/2000-000001e4", "1?Set(REALCALLERIDNUM=2000)") in new stack

and then all the other code goes by and the call is placed - i.e. it works correctly

So, is the DTMF not registering (doesn't seem likely since I get a fast busy after 'dialing')? Is there a bug in speed dial setup with analog? Is it something else?

In PURPLE this worked properly; however I corrupted that setup and started from scratch with GREEN.

Any thoughts on why something this basic has me stumped?

Andrew

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Ross,

Thanks for chiming in.

looking in /var/log/asterisk/full, all I see is the same 'Starting simple switch ...' information.

Is there another log I should look at?

Andrew

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Igaetz,

*97 gets me into voicemail, etc.
31 is a speed dial in the asterisk phonebook, so *031 is how I dial it from the SIP phones.

Andrew

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Andrew:

Have you tried changing your speed dial code to something like *75? I say that as I have always done this on my installations to match many of the vendors. It may be worth a try on your test box.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
OK - thanks.
I changed the speed dial to *20. This seems to now work properly.
*2 is attended transfer, but I never use this since I'm going to be the one transferring to the wireless phone.

Any way to get back to *0 since I don't want to retrain myself? Any thoughts on why a 'built-in' feature code blows up in Green v Purple, but only on DAHDI?

Weird,

Andrew

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
I raised a ticket at Digium; let's see if/how they respond.

Andrew

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.