FYI Some updates to things

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Hi All

Just to let you know what has been stewing in the back room since the fall of the forums in 2013!

We have looked at the problem are rewriting all of the software to use multiple mirrors when software is required to install PIAF. We have changed some of the back end already and now have a couple of new mirrors that are on separate hardware and hosting. The software has been adjusted to reflect this and can accept an unlimited amount of mirrors.

Of course this only applies to OUR software. When the Digium servers are down you won't be able to install PIAF. While we do include the most current source code from digium in our payloads. Asterisk et al is written to dynamically download content as it needs to. We are not going to rewrite all of that code.

We have also added some automated updating features to the base installs that will download the latest mirror list as required. We also do a software check now to ensure you will always have the latest installers if your ISO is behind it will update the installers as needed.

The forum server will no longer serve up files for installation and that server will be dedicated to the forums only.

We have been working on a standalone fax server called Fax in a Flash (which uses freeswitch as a backend) and some other goodies which will make their appearance over the next few months. We have also been working with Switch in a Flash and it should also make an appearance shortly albeit in a purpose built single function only (think skype gateway or zphone gateway)

So get ready for changes .... actually for existing stuff you should not notice anything (which is our goal)

When will it be ready? I need it now!

RSN (Real Soon Now)

I would ask that you guys contribute some hard cash to PIAF! We have all been working hard behind the scenes (especially Ward) and donations have been dropping off at the worst possible time. Also the ones that complained the loudest were people who have been installing PIAF for a living.... interestingly we only hear from them when there is a problem and not when we need a donation. Luckily our long term supporters have kept all of this going but we could do with some more (Thanks Vitelity! Thanks RentPBX! Thanks OpenVox!)

Tom

jmcman

Guru
Reaction score
How much space & traffic is needed for a mirror?

manugmedia

Reaction score
:arabia:
Hi Tom,

Good post, how about running a "PIAF Doughnut's" day, when every member of the forum not using PIAF commercially, donates at least what they can afford?

Rgds
Manugmedia

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Every day is Doughnuts Day at PBX in a Flash. Donate link is one of the tabs at the top of the page. :wub:

krispy-kreme-41.jpg

jmcman

Guru
Reaction score
What about providing a mirror? Or even some spare hardware? I provide a mirror for other projects and distributions.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Mirrors are great. We can always use additional ones. Drop us a note using myname to Gmail.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
damn I was kind of hoping for hot krispy kremes as the nearest one to the PIAF labs is about 45 miles! The ones in our local publix just aren't the same!

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
damn I was kind of hoping for hot krispy kremes as the nearest one to the PIF labs is about 45 miles! The ones in our local publix just aren't the same!

You should be thankful for that. My nearest one is about 10 miles (the ONLY one in Toronto area left) and it's all I can do to stop myself driving there when doing a late night job somewhere . . . and I don't just get one :)

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
400.jpg

Even better.... I actually had this just before heart surgery......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.