Solved: Passwordless FreePBX

undrhil

Reaction score
NOTE: I have read the stickied topic. The topic about not being able to access FreePBX doesn't apply to me since I *can* access FreePBX. However, I am not being prompted for a password when I enter it. Neither am I prompted for a password when I click the Administration link in the Kennonsoft GUI.

Not sure why my previous topic was deleted. And, you know .. it would be nice to get an email when that happens so I don't come back expecting to find (maybe) a helpful reply telling me how to fix my problem.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Try accessing FreePBX using a browser on a different computer. If you are prompted for a password, then the problem on machine #1 is that the passwords already are cached in your browser. If you aren't prompted for passwords, then you've got a bad install. I would start over to protect my system unless is it behind a firewall with no Internet access via port 80.

undrhil

Reaction score
Ward: any ideas on where the install broke? I didn't veer from the path of the install disc or the PiaF 1.2 article on nerdvittles. What file governs FreePBX being password protected before entry?

Also, I know it's not a problem of the password being cached because I *am* asked for the password when I try to enter Config Edit or the Flash Operator Panel from inside FreePBX.

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

Have you run password master?

The file that controls whether FreePBX is in Database Auth mode (Default) or no authentication at all is /etc/amportal.conf

If password-master is run, then it sets freePBX auth to none in amportal.conf and then puts the admin directory which contains FreePBX under .htaccess control

As to what has gone wrong with install, if indeed it is not a caching problem, I don't know. We may be able to work out more once we know what mode you have freePBX in, auth DB or None.

Joe

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
I will wager you are missing a .htaccess file in the /var/www/html/admin/ folder.

I suspect this is the only way something like this will happen. Not sure as to why it occurred but I am pushing out an update-fixes that will put the errant .htaccess file into the correct folder. I did manage to duplicate this on an older version of piaf.

Sorry for the problem

It is all uploaded now simply run update-scripts then update-fixes for Ast1.4 based or update-scripts16 then update-fixes16 for Ast 1.6 based systems.

Regards

Tom

undrhil

Reaction score
darmock: that fixed it. Thanks! However, the kennonsoft GUI Administrator link still doesn't prompt me for a username or password.

I think that's the ipaddress/maint directory, unless it's changed with PiaF. I know that's where it was with Tr.. that other Asterisk-based distribution. :-D

So, basically, this is all because I didn't download the absolute newest, latest PiaF 1.2 ISO? Seems rather harsh, to me. :)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We're kinda laying track in front of a steaming locomotive. Once in a while something comes unglued. The difference in our distribution and some others is that we can recover with update-fixes in a matter of hours... and also patch all new ISO installs out-of-the-box. The other approach is to download a new ISO and start all over again. Let's see. Which method makes more sense? ;)

undrhil

Reaction score
Yes, I do like this method a bit more that having to reburn an ISO image of a disc whenever something changes.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
I have stayed away from the kennonsoft front end as it gives me a headache. In reality I need to tear into it and add it to the passwd-master script somewhere.

In the kennonsoft gui click on administration and set the password by hand.

Tom

undrhil

Reaction score
darmock: I've never seen anything in the administration link to set a password. Maybe I've just missed it?

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

Under the administration link in the Kenonsoft GUI, there is a place to set a password so that only the user related links are shown. The security value of this is questionable as it will not prevent you from typing in the URL directly.

Joe

jamrod

Reaction score
I am still gaining access to Freepbx without password. I have run update-scripts and update-fixes as suggested in the post. Any ideas or should I reinstall from a new ISO?

jamrod

Reaction score
Please ignore my last post. I had to re run passwd-master and this solved it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.