SOLVED Small issues with Cisco 7975G

RyC05

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I used to have an account here but it must have been deleted... Anyway I've been using PIAF Green with a Cisco 7960 for a year now and it's worked great! I just picked up the Cisco 7975, and I have 3 small issues that I'm wondering if they can be fixed.

1) The Dial soft key doesn't do anything/immediately dial. I have to wait until the 5 second timeout specified in dialplan.xml. Redial will immediately place the call out, so I'm not sure what's going on. The 7960 will immediately dial out when Dial is pressed (They're using the same dialplan.xml).

2) When trying to conference call, I push the Conference button and can dial a number, but the "Join" button to join the 2 calls doesn't show up so I can't join the calls. The "Join" button does show up when I try to conference on the 7960.

3) This is more PIAF question, I noticed that the most recent version if PIAF is version 3.0.6.5-SL. I'm running version 2.0.6.4. I've run the update-* programs which have updated Asterisk and the rest, but is there way to upgrade PIAF without reinstalling? Should I even upgrade?

Thanks for your help, I know you guys aren't too fond of Cisco phones :)

Here's my status and dialplan.xml

Code:
PIAF Installed Version  = 2.0.6.4 under *VMWARE*                  │ 
  │  FreePBX Version          = 2.11.0.18                              │ 
  │ 2.11                                                                │ 
  │  Running Asterisk Version = 11.7.0                                  │ 
  │  Asterisk Source Version  = 11.7.0                                  │ 
  │  Dahdi Source Version    = 2.8.0.1                                │ 
  │  Libpri Source Version    = 1.4.14                                  │ 
  │  IP Address              = 192.168.3.11 on eth0                    │ 
  │  Operating System        = CentOS release 6.4 (Final)              │ 
  │  Kernel Version          = 2.6.32-358.2.1.el6.x86_64 - 64 Bit

Code:
<DIALTEMPLATE>
    <TEMPLATE MATCH="*" Timeout="5" User="Phone" /> <!-- Anything else -->
</DIALTEMPLATE>

Reaction score
For the first two points you should be able to resolve them by patching for Cisco Presence available here: https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-13145

The Asterisk service is really good and the presence patch adds a lot of functionality like BLF to the Cisco handsets. One important thing to note though, you should only apply the patch that applies to your specific version of Asterisk. Some time back I tried applying a patch that was for one version before my Asterisk version and it screwed my entire system.

RyC05

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, unfortunately I upgraded to 11.7 and there doesn't appear to be a patch yet. I'll sit tight and see if a patch for 11.7 is released. Any tips for the PIAF version?

Reaction score
If you're on 11.7.0 there is a patch for that via the link I posted, that's the main tip I would say. Bit confused about the dial button waiting as that strikes me as a dialplan issue so you could revisit that to troubleshoot, but the presence patch is pretty much essential wares for a Cisco handset.

TwigsUSAN

Guru
Reaction score
To update to PIAF version number, it would be a completely new install.

RyC05

Reaction score
Ok thanks. I'm going to roll a new PIAF green VM anyway to do the Asterisk Cisco presence patch so I'll be all updated anyway.

krusta80

Reaction score
I already applied the BLF patch (working brilliantly btw), but I am unable to conference. I have join enabled in my XML file, but the "Join" button just won't show up after connecting to my second call (after hitting conference on the first).

Is it a firmware issue?? Cisco 7961 phone btw.

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't see your post from earlier in the month but I gather from your latest post it all went fine, good stuff.

I suspect it's a softkeys issue rather than anything else, the firmware should accept anything valid like a join button but if you don't have this I'd imagine you need to check your softkeys. Try this site - https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-13145 - there are a couple of gareth-softkeys.xml for you to try, the most recent file should work. You also need to reference the softkeys file in your sep mac config with the tag <softKeyFile>(name of file)</softKeyFile>.

RyC05

Reaction score
So I ended up switching to SCCP and the SCCP firmware, and it looks like the issues I have are now resolved! Thanks for the info on the patch though, if I need to use SIP again, I'll keep it in mind.

Reaction score
They're up there in the resources section ;) Spoke to Ward about this and he suggested putting them in resources rather than the forum to guarantee they were backed up. Thanks for the comment, it really is great to know my work is being used by others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.