SOLVED SIT Tone / Zapateller in System Recordings?

24bit96khz

Reaction score
Hi guys -

For whatever reason, Blacklisting a number does not work when you have one of those free incoming numbers from IPKALL.com set up as a trunk and an inbound route. I can receive calls, but using the Admin -> Blacklist option does not work at all--all incoming calls bypass it. This is not a problem with my Google Voice number.

I figured out an alternative way to block a number and that is to add a new inbound route and type the number into the CallerID Number field and check the CID Priority Route box.

The problem arises when trying to make it sound exactly as if the number were Blacklisted normally. So when they call, all they hear is the "ss-noservice" announcement I set up from the System Recordings. I could not for the life of me find the SIT Tone (Zapateller) so it doesn't sound authentic. I would like to play that tone before the ss-noservice message, and I could not find any information online to help me. Since Zapateller is not a system recording but a system application, I cannot seem to get a blocked number to hear the 3 tones of Zapateller.

Does the SIT Tone (Zapateller) sound exist by default in the System Recordings menu but under a name I haven't found? If not, could I just find a wav file somewhere and add it manually? It may not be a perfect SIT tone but I think it'll be good enough for what I'm trying to do. I'm no expert at this stuff but I'm really happy with the amount of control I'm finding FreePBX allows.

24bit96khz

Reaction score
Nevermind. I downloaded the SIT Tone wav file and just added it manually. For some reason it doesn't sound perfect (jittery, choppy a little) but it works.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.