FYI SIP Threat Manager

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
No but if I buy you one would you test it and give it to me after? SNORT should do the trick if they have done a good job on it and can pass the traffic without a NAT.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
The major plus here though is the predefined filters. I'm finding more and more I can figure out anything I need to, but if someone can make me something that does the job for $250 and it would take me 10 hours to do it, then better to buy the $250 thing. Time's just so valuable . . .

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Snort is a package found on pfsense, now....pfsense. 2.2 rc using 10.1 FreeBSD. Apparently a number of PIAF users are using it, as a firewall in a virtual machine. Perhaps some use snort as well, but my question is, "how compatible is it with VOIP?"

If you're asking about just pfSense and not Snort, I can answer that. LOVE it. No issues at all here, except for once every two months or so I get a zero-way audio issue that resolves itself. Haven't definitely narrowed it down to anything yet, but haven't put time into working on it since it fixes itself. Haven't seen it in a while though. Past that, I wouldn't use anything else. Sure PIAF handles the whitelist, but it's still nice to have the hardware firewall in front of it.

Jake

Reaction score
I've been running pfsense with snort for years with Piaf behind it and it does a great job. It gives you a log of all the IPs that are trying to do malicious scans on your sip ports and bans. I don't have any ports open but having an IDS/IPS firewall that is open source is awesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manne
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.