SUGGESTIONS SIP Phone For Android That Will Always Attempt To Register

gordon

Reaction score
Good Morning,

I have tried Media5-fone. It works well for me so I thought it would be a good choice. I am trying to add SIP extensions to three android cell phones.

The problem is that once Media5-fone's registration is rejected, it will no longer attempt to register with the server until the user clicks dismiss on the registration failure popup.

Because the cell phones go in and out of wifi range, this is problematic as the app basically never re-registers which means that the cell phones never get calls. I attempted to get Media5-fone support to comment on the issue, but I've not received a response in quite a while. Unfortunately, the users of these phones cannot be expected to remember to manually re-register, so Media5-fone will not work.

Can anyone recommend a softphone app that would work for me on Android? It must support G729 (which I think all softphones do - at least optionally anyways?). Autostart is necessary and call log integration would be important.

Thanks,
Gordon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.