TIPS Setting up multiple Google Voice Numbers

BiggerE

Reaction score
First a big thanks to all the help I have received on my other questions. I have my IVR working, I have emailed voicemail relaying through Gmail. Now onto my latest question.

I need to set up a few more Google Voice numbers for incoming calls. I know that only one call can be handled per Google Voice number. What I want to do is set up a few extra lines so that when someone calls on my main number it rolls over to one of the available Google Voice numbers. Looking to set 2 or 3 additional numbers. The problem I've only got one cell phone number to use for Google Voice. Is there away to trick Google Voice into giving my more numbers without having to bother all my friends to tie their Google Voice number to my Gmail accounts?

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
I don't think Google Voice supports rollover as you want. If the incoming line is busy, Google is going to ring busy - not roll the call to another Google number.

Andrew

steve54301

Guru
Reaction score
I know that only one call can be handled per Google Voice number

Unless something recently changed, this is not the case for me (using the motif method). I can and do from time to time have more than one incoming call going on simultaneously with my google number. I can also have an incoming and outgoing call going on at the same time. (just make sure you Trunk Maximum Channels is greater than 1)

I don't think there is a way to get a busy. Worst case, if your trunk isn't accepting the call, it will default to google's voicemail.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
kb9mwr,

If that's true, I've learned something new today - unfortunately I ported all my numbers away from GV when the 'shutdown' was supposed to occur.

Andrew

BiggerE

Reaction score
It is true, and it is awesome. Apologies for the late reply but thanks for the answer kb9mwr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muneer
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.