NO JOY Sendmail VMX Notification Configuration CU-Box/Ubuntu PIAF Help

b0b z33

Reaction score
Good Afternoon:

Has anyone been successful in configuring sendmail to notify of an incoming voicemail?

The twist is our block of IP's is blacklisted by Spamhaus ZEN (Thanks cable company)

I've tried all the things I know including modifying the hosts file, sendmail.cf & setting a FQDN

Mail does go out but gets bounced because of the IP

Any suggestions?

I'm stumped

Thanks

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
There is a "How to" on this site that describes setting up a Gmail account to relay your outbound messages. It is a common solution for getting around the problem you have. If you do not already have a Gmail account, then it's easy to set one up, and they're free.

b0b z33

Reaction score
Good Morning!

I've seen a few but:

1) I don't wish to use gmail
2) Some of the references to make that work don't seem to apply in the CU-Box version of PIAF

On previous versions (like PIAF Green) there was a utility 'setup-mail' that does not exist in this version

Still stumped

rjaiswal

Reaction score
The only way around this is to relay through a SMTP server that is not blacklisted.

If you don't want to use gmail, you could try mail chimp or mail gun.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.