TRY THIS SendMail not able to send mail

ballhogg

Reaction score
I just moved into a new shop and set up a new incrediblepbx server. At my new location, I'm using centurylink as my isp. My new server seems to be running well, except that I'm unable to send out emails, either for vm messages or received faxes. I've searched through the forum and have found some info relating to isp blocking ports and downstream smtp, etc. I've tried to configure my system so that it uses gmail smtp. But I'm not sure I've done it right as it is still not working. So I went through the complete install of incrediblepbx again and have a fresh clean install on my server. Here is the results of running status:

Asterisk = Online Dahdi = Online MySQL = Online
SSH = Online Apache = Online Iptables = Online
Fail2Ban = Online Internet = Online Ip6Tables = Online
Disk Free = Adequate Mem Free = Adequate NTPD = Online
Sendmail = Online Samba = Offline Webmin = Online
Ethernet0 = Online Ethernet1 = N/A Wlan0 = N/A

PIAF Installed Version = 2.0.6.4 under *HARDWARE*
FreePBX Version = 2.10.1.9
Running Asterisk Version = 1.8.22.0
Asterisk Source Version = 1.8.22.0
Dahdi Source Version = 2.7.0
Libpri Source Version = 1.4.12
IP Address = 192.168.1.106 on eth0
Operating System = CentOS release 6.4 (Final)
Kernel Version = 2.6.32-358.6.2.e16.i686 - 32 Bit
Incredible Version = 403
Can anyone give me clear instructions on what is wrong and what I need to do to fix this all in one place? I'm a newbie with most of this. I've been messing around with the gui interface for years, and understand most of it for the most part. But get pretty lost when it comes to the server and command prompt things.

Thanks for your help in advance.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The easiest way if your service provider has SMTP service is to add the provider's SMTP gateway as a "Smart" relay host in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf. Just edit the file and search for Smart. The next line will have DS. Change it to DShostname where hostname is the SMTP gateway of your provider. Save the file and then restart SendMail: service sendmail restart.

If that doesn't meet your needs, then follow the Gmail SMTP relay tutorial.

ballhogg

Reaction score
OK. This is probably a stupid question for most of you, but how do I edit /etc/mail/sendmail.cf? I can't find it through the gui, so I'm assuming I need to go through webmin or directly on the server. In either case, I don't have any experience there. But I also have no problem following instructions on how to do it.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baata
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.