DEAL SanDisk Ultra 64GB $19.99

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
... $30 for non-Prime members, after addition of taxes and shipping.

:ack2:

vic555

Reaction score
... $30 for non-Prime members, after addition of taxes and shipping.
SanDisk Ultra 64GB UHS-I/Class 10 Micro SDXC Memory Card Up to 48MB/s With Adapter- SDSDQUAN-064G-G4A [Newest Version]
by SanDisk
10,132 customer reviews

| 318 answered questions

List Price:
$34.99
Deal of the Day:
$19.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details

Ends in 13h 04m 49s
You Save:

$15.00 (43%)
I am not a prime member, bit I did follow the link graciously provided by Ward
:ack2:

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
A prime member gets like 3 people that can do it, so share one with family or friends. I started using Prime like a year ago, and I LOVE IT. Need new AAA batteries - Amazon, need a new 32GB micro SD for your S5, Amazon. Seriously - its made for men shopping. You get what you want, without the BS of shopping and get it in 2 days for a good price.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
... not to mention free movies and free music. Best $100 we spend every year!

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah.... I'm single and haven't yet justified Prime. And I look at it often. Ordinarily I escape the imposition of shipping charges one way or another and just haven't (yet) bitten the Prime bullet. Even with the free music and movies because, well, I'm not much of a video streamer and my music collection is already massive.

No question that if I =had= it I would =use= it. Just haven't gotten it yet. Tried to sell the "share" to the girlfriend a while back and she wasn't interested. Then. I'll hit her up again before the holidays and remind her how much she could save on shipping re: the presents she will =certainly= be buying for me. :angel:

excuses, excuses... <grumble>

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Love Prime - have US Prime (not Canadian Prime) and still get my money's worth with a quick run over the border every few weeks.

chris_c_

Reaction score
TODAY ONLY at Amazon!

Thanks for this tip! Picked one up. Should have gotten two. Would ubuntu Incredible PBX run well on this as a sort of ssd ? Concerned about flash memory premature wear , without a controller to even it out...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Thanks for this tip! Picked one up. Should have gotten two. Would ubuntu Incredible PBX run well on this as a sort of ssd ? Concerned about flash memory premature wear , without a controller to even it out...

All I can say is we have a friend running a RasPi with a smaller version of this one. It's been up for 16 months without a hiccup, and it automatically reboots every night just to clean out any problems. That's a lot of disk access, and we haven't yet seen a problem.

mbellot

Reaction score
Do you mean USPS or UPS?

UPS. Apparently Brown can't do very much at all for me.

The latest fun was sending a violin bow on a whirlwind tour of Illinois, then deciding it had been damaged in transit at the final stop before delivery. They shipped it back to Amazon before it ever got to me (OK), but following the return tracking information showed that the first return label was illegible and then it was incorrectly sorted on it's way back so that the entire journey from order to return took almost 20 days - and I never even saw it.

The best part? UPS has scrubbed the tracking log, it only has 3-4 entries now with none of their mistakes (sorting, labeling, damage) listed anymore.

Don't get me wrong, the USPS is as bad or worse, but I don't expect much in the first place so failure is not so surprising.

chris_c_

Reaction score
All I can say is we have a friend running a RasPi with a smaller version of this one. It's been up for 16 months without a hiccup, and it automatically reboots every night just to clean out any problems. That's a lot of disk access, and we haven't yet seen a problem.

I think the best solution is to make a third partition of your flash card and use a file system that guarantees wear leveling (eg yaffs jffs2 etc see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_file_system) and put log files (that you care about) and other frequently modified things there.

It seems Kingston sd cards have built in wear leveling controller...
"Wear-Leveling Technology: Kingston Flash storage devices incorporate controllers utilizing advanced wearleveling technology, which distributes the number of P/E cycles (program/erase) across the Flash memory evenly. Wear-leveling thus extends the useful life of a Flash memory card (for details, please see Kingston Flash Cell Endurance section, next)."

"There are several types of Flash storage devices that are available from Kingston:
- USB Flash Drive (DataTraveler®)
- Secure Digital Cards (SD, SDHC, SDXC, microSD, microSDHC)
- CompactFlash® Cards
- eMMC
- SSD"

"Adding *discard* and *noatime* to the mount options in /etc/fstab reduces some disk writes. Also you can mount some directories that have high disk writes in ram with tmpfs. The logs will be deleted at shutdown though. Here is my current /etc/fstab:"
Code:
    # <file system> <mount point>  <type>  <options>      <dump>  <pass>
    /dev/mapper/RootFS-Root /              ext4    noatime,discard,errors=remount-ro 0      1
    # /boot/efi was on /dev/sda1 during installation
    UUID=89A5-8C32  /boot/efi      vfat    defaults        0      1
    /dev/mapper/HomeFS-Home /home          ext4    noatime,discard,defaults        0      2
    tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults,noatime,mode=1777 0 0
    tmpfs /var/log tmpfs defaults,noatime,mode=0755 0 0
    tmpfs /var/log/apt tmpfs defaults,noatime 0 0
    tmpfs /var/cache/apt/archives tmpfs defaults,noexec,nosuid,nodev,mode=0755 0 0

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.