NO JOY RTP for PFsense on different VLAN

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I have a PIAF box with Asterisk 11 and FreePBX 11.
The PIAF is behind pfSense on VLAN1
Phones on VLAN1 work fine
I also have Phones on VLAN2 - these can accept calls with audio, but making calls, works until the answer and then neither side can hear each other and the RTP is not getting authorized.

On PIAF, in sip settings I have:
External IP - the Public IP that PIAF has a 1:1 setup in pfSense with
Local Nets - VLAN1 and VLAN2

On pfSense, on Vlan2 - a rule exists specifying PIAF IP for VLAN1 for all ports.

Registration works fine all the way across and I thought I was in the clear ... until VLAN2 tried to call VLAN1 - SIP works - ring, etc. Answer, but RTP only the VLAN1 shows RTP authorized.

Any GURU's out there with good pfSense skills? - I'm pulling out what little hair I have left.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Wow - someone did some good homework on the subject. I haven't had time to attempt this, but it is quite clear and I assume after using some of the techniques mentioned, it should work good. Posting for anyone else that wants to deal with PIAF and VLAN's.

https://prezi.com/l6wgfspdcscb/pbx-in-a-flash-and-vlans/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.