QUESTION Ringback tones on Parking?

MacNix

Guru
Reaction score
I've tried chasing this down unsuccessfully. Hope somebody here has been down this path.

So if I park a call, and it times out, it's going to come back to my extension (based on my Parking settings of course)..

IS there a way to have my phone ring a DIFFERENT ring, to alert me that it's a parked call being returned to me?

Furthermore is there a way that an internal transfer (ie., I xfer an inbound call to another extension in-house) could have a different ring than an outside call being routed externally?

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
Check the settings under "Returned Call Behavior". There are three choices to address your needs, labelled "Parking Alert-Info" and "CallerID Prepend". The third option determines under which conditions these two would apply.

MacNix

Guru
Reaction score
thx.

yes, I know about these, and yes that allows me to alert the call, or to prepend data to the call so it shows up on the screen when it comes in. WE've been using these already..

What I *REALLY* need is the ability to insert a different ring tone.

Is that even possible?

Check the settings under "Returned Call Behavior". There are three choices to address your needs, labelled "Parking Alert-Info" and "CallerID Prepend". The third option determines under which conditions these two would apply.

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
MacNix,

Unless the phone supports it, I doubt you can do a different ring tone. However, most phones I've encountered will let you set a different ring cadence. You would use something like <Bellcore-dr3> in the "Parking Alert-Info" field. Again, the phone has to support this particular feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.