SOLVED Restart required after changing extension secret?

jquintana

Reaction score
Hello, all.

I recently had a situation where someone got hold of my extension secrets or my SIP trunk password and made calls to foreign countries. I use a pre-paid service so they only drained my account of the $25 I had. No big deal, but now I want to mitigate against that happening.

I have already changed my SIP password and now I am working on changing my extension passwords. I tried using 64 character passwords with upper-case, lower-case, numbers, punctuation, and special characters. It initially didn't let me connect so I thought maybe I had to dumb-down my passwords. Still nothing. I changed it to something very basic and restarted the server (I had already tried amportal restart from the command line) and I was finally able to connect. My question is this: does FreePBX not allow complex passwords or is it necessary to restart the server after changing extension passwords?

Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

jquintana

Reaction score
Please disregard. I found that my iptables firewall was running.

For some reason, upon reboot, I was able to connect briefly but then would get disconnected.

I ended up disabling iptables all-together as I rely on my hardware firewall for filtering.

Thanks for listening!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BKhumalo
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.