SOLVED Remote Polycom phone and Obi202 not registering

marlur6

Reaction score
Good evening.
I am trying to give my brother an extension on my PIAF server with a polycom 430 phone I had sitting around. I am running PIAF Green on a dedicated machine at my place behind a router with ports forwarded. I have several other successful remote extensions for other family members. I have line 2 on the Polycom successfully registered to his Anveo account, but line 1 going to my server doesn't register. He has no router so the Polycom is hooked straight to the internet modem. If I take it to my sister's place (who has a router) or if I bring it here, it registers fine. For temporary I gave him my spare Obi202 and that registered fine.
Anyone know what I need to do to register a remote Polycom without a router at the remote site? Thank you.

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
Have you tried connecting a laptop computer to the modem, to find out if you can get to the internet?

Make sure you first can get to the "outside world". Some ISPs route you through a Captive Portal, which requires that you either log-in, or register, with them first, before providing access to the internet.

marlur6

Reaction score
Have you tried connecting a laptop computer to the modem, to find out if you can get to the internet?

Make sure you first can get to the "outside world". Some ISPs route you through a Captive Portal, which requires that you either log-in, or register, with them first, before providing access to the internet.

Thanks for the responce.
I can hook my laptop to the out port of the polycom and get full internet access. The Polycom can register to Anveo so his internet is working. Also I am able to register my spare Obi202 from his place to my server. Just for some reason the Polycom will not register to my server.

rjaiswal

Reaction score
Could the polycom's nat setting be incorrect? Try setting it to no nat.

marlur6

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I will add that the things to try next time I head over to my brothers place. I wish I could test it out here but works here already.

marlur6

Reaction score

How do I set it to no nat? It does not seem to have a setting like that. I am attaching a screen shot of the polycom's nat setting page.Polycom Nat.png

rjaiswal

Reaction score
It should be under the sip settings or advanced sip settings.

marlur6

Reaction score
It should be under the sip settings or advanced sip settings.
I could not find the no nat setting anywhere so we gave up and just used the Obi202.

That was good till recently the Obi did the same thing after an internet outage. I can not get it to register to my PBX but it will register to Anveo, Callcentric, and Google Voice. On Obitalk portal the status is "Register Failed: No Response From Server" It seems to be something with his place. All my other remote extensions are working good. I tried the Polycom at other brothers place without a router and it worked fine. I can register his extension to my sisters Obi202 no problem. How do I go about figuring out where the problem is. Could it be something with his Internet connection? But I can log into my PIAF GUI with my laptop from his place so there is a connection but the Obi will not register. Could it be a firewall or something? Why would an internet outage mess it up? Any ideas anyone.

marlur6

Reaction score
I tried pinging his IP address from my server and it would not ping. I called our ISP and they made some change and then it registered right up. So it was a ISP problem. I didn't try the Polycom again but am guessing it would work now to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.