SOLVED Remote extension getting calls every 10 seconds...no sound

graybans

Reaction score
I have Travelin Man 3 installed with one remote extension. I have that ip address whitelisted using add-ip. The remote phone is getting calls every 6-10 seconds with the inbound route "XYZ" and -100 after it. I have watched the CLI with verbosity set to 5 and 7 and can't find any calls going through the server AT ALL. I cannot find where it is coming from. My call logs are all normal and my accounts are not getting depleted (not hacked at least). One last thing: under the Asterisk Info report, it shows a lot of calls processed in the SIP Channels section, but from what I can tell that is the time conditions pinging the server for changes.

Anyone have any ideas?

Asterisk 11.8.1 IncrediblePBX 11.

hbonath

Guru
Reaction score
sounds to me that the phone has port 5060 forwarded to it. Not sure what model it is but make sure anonymous calling is disabled within the phone itself. Most of the time NAT routers will use a random source port in outbound connections, however sip alg could be on.

Usually these "ghost calls" are trollers on the net looking for open udp/5060 to try to exploit. They send random sip invites to extensions like 100 and see if they get a response

graybans

Reaction score
It is a GXP-2020. I appreciate the input both of you. I will check the ALG settings and see if that fixes it. Thank you very much. Trimline2 I changed the settings and all is quiet on the call processing! Thanks.

hbonath

Guru
Reaction score
Cool, FYI I think the setting on the Grandstreams to help prevent unauthorized calls is: Allow Incoming SIP Messages
from SIP Proxy Only

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.