TIPS regional ring back tones help

hanksmith5

Reaction score
Hello I have my pbx set for uk ring back tones how ever when I call in to the pbx I hear the us ring back tone how do I get the pbx to on inbound have the uk tone ring? I also think some of the tones sound cool whitch is another reason why I amd doing this thanks for any help you can give

ncrollo

Reaction score
In the admin console you have Settings --> Advanced Settings --> "Country Indication Tones" set to "United Kingdom" correct?

hanksmith5

Reaction score
yep I have that set up correctly in the pbx how ever when ever some one calls in to the pbx it gives us ring instead of uk ring and I have no idea why sense I set it up properly.

Reaction score
Try General Settings->Asterisk Dial Command Option: "r" generate a ring for the calling party

May be located elsewhere in your version.

If I'm reading your issue correctly.... you say when you "call in to the pbx" you mean dial a DID trunk? Then the ring tone comes from the provider unless Asterisk answers it and provides its own. This may vary by provider.

hanksmith5

Reaction score
Hello I am using vestalink as my sip phone provider, it is connected to the pbx, I have my regional tones set to united kingdom, and I also put the r in the asterisk dial command portion of free pbx under settings advanced settings and it still isn't taking, anything else I should try? Is there anything in my trunk settings that I need to change? if you guys need my trunk settings I can send that along as well.

Reaction score
perhaps using tcpdump and Wireshark would give you more information (google this site and others for how to do that). Not sure if this would work but if while ringing you momentarily disconnected the asterisk box from the internet would the ringing tone be interrupted? It would be helpful to determine where the tone is coming from.

hanksmith5

Reaction score
its being ran in the cloud using digital ocean and Ubuntu incredible pbx could this be the issue? I don't have anything for incoming settings in my trunk I am using vestalink as my provider anything else I can try besides disconnecting the pbx while calling? below is the exact info I have once again I have nothing for incoming settings I waxs told there not needed below is my info, the x is replacing what is my password and user info
Outgoing Settings

Trunk Name: Vestalink

PEER Details:

host=sms.intelafone.com
fromdomain=sms.intelafone.com
username=xxxx
fromuser=xxxx
secret=xxxxxxxx
type=peer
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
insecure=port,invite
context=from-trunk
port=5060

Register String:
xxxx:[email protected]/xxxxxxxx

hanksmith5

Reaction score
is this a Linux app the wireshark program? n also what what I read from the thread you posted the wire shark has stuff in diagrams. I am totally blind and am unable to read the charts is there any other way to see what the heck is going on with out having to used the wireshark program?

Reaction score
Wireshark will run on a pc and can open the dump file. The dump file can be captured on many different platforms. Wireshark is a complex program for anyone who is not familiar with it so if the ring tone is a big issue it may be time to get some professional assistance. The lack of physical access to the machine is normally not too big a deal but it complicates things a little. Posting the dump file here would be a security issue but there may be someone you could hire to examine the dump file. The idea would be to capture the time frame when an incoming call occurs. Perhaps posting under the forums jobs for sale or hire section might identify such a person.

matthew

Guru
Reaction score
If I'm reading your issue correctly.... you say when you "call in to the pbx" you mean dial a DID trunk? Then the ring tone comes from the provider unless Asterisk answers it and provides its own. This may vary by provider.

I'm pretty sure you've hit the nail on the head, Brian. Tones are usually generated from the calling provider (or even the device you are using), not the receiving party.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.