SOLVED Recording Admin Access

ticex

Reaction score
Another day and another question I regret I'm troubling you all with!

This time I would like to access the admin section of recordings where I understand I can view all the recordings and delete them in a single go if required but whenever I go to "http://PBX.URL/recordings" I can only login with an extension/voicemail password and neither "admin" nor "maint" work with the regular password. After a certain number of failed attempts my IP is locked out. I have tried changing the admin login and password in: "main.conf.php" (var/www/html/recordings) but it has no effect.

Failing this is there another simpler way to access ALL the recorded calls and delete them as required in a quicker way than per extension/per recording?

Thanks again for any help :)

Boolah

Guru
Reaction score
You should be able to set the ARI admin username and password in FreePBX by going to Settings -> Advanced Settings. Scroll almost all the way down the page and set "User Portal Admin Username" and "User Portal Admin Password", click the green checkmark to the right of each changed field to save the changes and then the orange Apply Config button.

ticex

Reaction score
How could I have missed that...it worked! Thanks!

Now onto the next "issue" - my system will make quite a lot of recordings but as each screen shows only 15 "results" it is rather time consuming to go through every page selecting the one's with recordings and then deleting. Is there a way to set each page to display, say 1000, results or better still can I simply delete the recordings from a folder on the PBX?

Thanks again!

ticex

Reaction score
Thanks a lot igaetz - that worked perfectly! Now I have 100 lines displayed in each page :)

With regard to the recordings folder (/var/spool/asterisk/monitor) - will there be any issues with me simply deleting the older folders when they're no longer required (eg:2013/06, 2013/07) ? In an ideal world I'd love to set them to automatically delete every month but I guess that will be a pain to automate.

Thanks again for the help :)

ticex

Reaction score
Thanks a lot - I'll start on the cron job :)

Boolah

Guru
Reaction score
Deleting the recordings directly from the filesystem should not cause any issues in FreePBX or ARI. Moreover, the cron to do this based on how old the recording is, is very simple:

Code:
02 3 * * *      asterisk        /usr/bin/find /var/spool/asterisk/monitor -type f -mtime +30 -delete

The above cron will run at 3:02 AM every day as user asterisk. It will find all files in the directory (and all subdirectories) /var/spool/asterisk/monitor and delete any file that it finds that has a modified time that is 30 days or more prior to today's date.

You can, of course, change the command to do more/less, but that should at least get you started.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.