QUESTION Reception/operator panel

BeerCan

Guru
Reaction score
I am in search of some information on a program for our newly hired receptionist. Our company is growing and phone management is becoming an issue. Our needs are pretty basic at this point.

I think our biggest issue is the receptionist actually knowing if the user is actually at their desk or not. We have remote users and we want the receptionist to know at a glance if the user is available. I know this requires action on the user end so the program would have to be easy to use and intuitive. It would also require us to be able to limit actions (permissions). Specifically due to the nature of our business we would need to limit barge(listen)/whisper actions.

Some of our users have home and office extensions so we would need a way to easily manage those lines as a single entity if possible.

We would also like outlook integration for click to dial contact access.

Finally it would be preferable if this was a stand alone application, web based apps do not seem to work well in this environment but this is not a deal killer.

Queues are not important to us. Chat would be nice but not required.

I have run across fop2 and isymphony and both seem to fit the bill. The $40 vs $100 is not a huge issue for us as we just want something that works great. I would like to support a company that gives back to the community (piaf or otherwise).

Does anyone have recent experience with these products or others that would work in this situation? I will say that I used the original fop and did not like it very much but have 0 experience with fop2.

Thanks

Porch

Guru
Reaction score
I use FOP2 and have lots of clients that use it to. Not sure on Outlook integration, but the rest it will do.

hbonath

Guru
Reaction score
Another FOP2 user here. We also have many clients that love it plus it's very reasonably priced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.