FYI Receive Free System Admin Pro Module

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I'd recommend you read this thread before you upgrade to FreePBX 12 or 13.

6a012876c6c7fb970c019b0014e1e4970d-500wi

kenn10

Reaction score
I've been running a test system on FreePBX 12 for some time. First, with Asterisk 11.15 and now with Asterisk 13.2.0. Asterisk 13 is challenging if you want to get into PJSIP and a lot of my SIP providers won't work with PJSIP via the FreePBX interface. The standard SIP interface is still fine. No real pain with Asterisk 13 for my meager needs. No difference in FreePBX 12 from what I saw on Asterisk 11 except that PJSIP is an option for Trunks and Endpoints.

As to the free SYSADMIN, freeloaders beware! I already have licenses to a large number of commercial modules on my system. When upgrading FreePBX and getting the new Sysadmin module, the FreePBX repo no longer shows commercial modules because they are only available to FreePBX Distro. So although I have licenses and they were running on FreePBX without the Sysadmin module, THEY ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD ON MY PIAF SYSTEM!

I'm not happy. :mad:

vic555

Reaction score
Free is good, until it is not. Circumnavigating the freePBX minefield is admirable goal, but not always easy.

However, if it is free and you don't like it, you probably have little recourse.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
As to the free SYSADMIN, freeloaders beware! I already have licenses to a large number of commercial modules on my system. When upgrading FreePBX and getting the new Sysadmin module, the FreePBX repo no longer shows commercial modules because they are only available to FreePBX Distro. So although I have licenses and they were running on FreePBX without the Sysadmin module, THEY ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD ON MY PIAF SYSTEM!

I'm not happy. :mad:

From the FreePBX (re-revised) Web Site:

CBqwcJJW4AANNqX.jpg:large

What's not working??

kenn10

Reaction score
wardmundy With or without the sysadmin module, the commercial modules no longer show up for download. The system re-registered with the Schmooze portal just fine but the modules are not available to download. The license files show up. I suspect it had something to do with the repo updates mandated with the download of the "Pro" module.

Also, the SIP Station addon automagically appears in your trunk section and cannot be uninstalled from the modules without doing a command line "amportal a ma uninstall sipstation"

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
When you signed up, these were advertised on this forum as compatible with PIAF. In fact, they still are saying the same thing on their site.

I think I'd start by opening a ticket with FreePBX. If that gets you nowhere, I'd write the Sangoma CEO. If that doesn't work, you might consider finding a lawyer that works on a contingent fee basis. There's plenty of documentation on this site regarding what has happened and why. If an attorney could prove that the modules were intentionally disabled after you paid for them and when they previously worked, that would be an interesting case.

kenn10

Reaction score
wardmundy Hasten the day you get a Thirdlane distro running. I'm not one to throw the baby out with the bath water but I'm really torqued at the FreePBX direction and this last snafu with the Sysadmin module. I've tried to be supportive of PIAF and FreePBX and look at both sides of the issue, but I guess I'm over it. The Asterisk gui is a little too feature deprived for my liking but Thirdlane looks like it might be a good substitute.

I've eliminated all the sysadmin and commercial Schmooze crap from my systems and I guess I'm savvy enough to do my own config in pure Asterisk if I have to. I just feel like the PIAF community has been deliberately sh*t on because you stood up to Schmooze.

Here's to alternate GUI's for Asterisk and a special salute to Schmooze/Sangoma. :dita:

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
We have been S**T on since those wonderful guys took over from the freeware folks and moved it to commercial/Community edition. (this ring any bells with people?) Beyond that....... I am waiting to see if the CE version of their product goes the way of crippleware or commercial only. Ah well we will keep working on things to have "better" choices for PIAF Perhaps a version that only supports alternative front ends. Course I wonder if that just may an ulterior motive for some.

The dev team got offered all of the commercial modules to use on our personal machines..... Being stubborn I resisted the urge and never installed them on any of the commercial stuff I support.... did not want the hassle when a future upgrade broke something and then my clients would have to deal with their commercial support.

However all water under the bridge

Yah I know Flame On :mad5:

Tom

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Freepbx 12 seems broken, at least on a raspberry pi.

Start with an incrediblepi install, upgrade it to FPBX 12, and suddenly rtp is upto 20 seconds behind sip signalling.

Lesson learned, do not use Freepbx12,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dancosge
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.