TIPS RasPi2 13-12.3 Build

lrosenman

Guru
Reaction score
Can someone check /etc/crontab on a resonably new system, and tell me if /etc/cron.daily,weekly,monthly entries are there?

My system was missing them, so logrotate, et al were NOT running.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
lrosenman Missing cron rotation on Raspberry Pi looks to be a bug in the Raspbian build. anacron package isn't even installed. There may be a reason, but I don't know what it is. We'll need a Debian expert to take a look, but try this:

Code:
apt-get install -y anacron
sed -i 's|#cron|cron|' /etc/rsyslog.conf
echo "17 * * * *  root  cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly" >> /etc/crontab
echo "25 2 * * *  root  test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )" >> /etc/crontab
echo "47 2 * * 7  root  test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.weekly )" >> /etc/crontab
echo "52 2 1 * *  root  test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.monthly )" >> /etc/crontab
reboot

NOTES: Once anacron is installed, it gets its marching orders from /etc/anacrontab which runs the daily, weekly, and monthly cron jobs. Still need to run the hourly ones from /etc/crontab. The test command says "skip running this command if anacron exists." This avoids running the daily, weekly, and monthly jobs twice if anacron is functioning properly.

COi-V_SWEAABlMv.jpg

lrosenman

Guru
Reaction score
anacron does NOT need to be installed. Note the test is for FAILURE of anacron to be there.

lrosenman

Guru
Reaction score
So, I've added those lines (and removed what I synthesized from other posts.

Thanks!

lrosenman

Guru
Reaction score
I understand what anacron does, but since PBX's are generally on 24x7, and the Pi only has a gig of memory, why run the extra process?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We obviously prefer keeping the builds as similar as possible. My RasPi 2 shows 634K of free RAM with average 8% CPU usage. Anacron doesn't even appear on the radar. But... that's totally your call to make.

jemadsen

Reaction score
Greetings,

Twice, I followed the instructions from here: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=14787

At the end of Step 3, no asterisk exists. The IncrediblePBX13-12.3-raspbian.sh scripts seems to stop before asterisk is installed.

I created a file of the output and I do not see any errors. I have attached it.

Did I miss a step. I tried rerunning the script again but with the same results.

Thanks,
Jens

Attachments

• IncrediblePBX13-12.3-raspbian.sh.txt
    30.6 KB · Views: 2

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
What size SD card? Did you expand the image to fill the card first??

Execute the command: touch /root/COPYING (shouldn't be necessary but won't hurt)

Then reboot and run the script again. Report back results.

jemadsen

Reaction score
I just finished a build, but I started with touching the file you suggested and rerunning the script. It worked a lot harder. I attached the log file.

I am using an 8GD card.

However:
$ service apache2 status
Apache2 is NOT running.

I can not find an asterisk executable but there is a /usr/src/asterisk-13.5.0 directory.

Thank you for your support.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You need to follow the install steps in the tutorial. We've retested again since you reported the problem, and the install completes successfully following the steps in the tutorial. Are you using a Raspberry Pi 2??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baata
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.