NO JOY RASPBX - fax detect

dramenard

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm currently using raspbx for a few months and obtain fax detection 100% of times. I wish to know why fax detection stops working when the IP address of the PBX is changed (briefly, no fax detection will occur if I do not use the original static IP address that was in use while installing the system). Anyone can tell me what other variable should be changed when taking a new IP address in consideration in order to keep fax detection running ??

Thank you

dramenard

dramenard

Reaction score
now update 19, with Freepbx 12. Everything running smoothly. But still impossible to get fax detection, ONLY WHEN I CHANGE IP ADDRESS !!

Thanks for some tips

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Are you changing the IP of the device on your network or does the public IP address change (i.e. comcast)?

One solution, may be to reserve the Pi's IP by MAC address in your router (then it won't change IP).

I don't have a solution, but I'm trying to understand more fully your problem.

Andrew

dramenard

Reaction score
Hi Andrew,
When I first installed wheezy and the raspbx script, the IPaddress of the PI was 192.168.1.251. Since then, everything works perfectly, including fax detect feature (along with avantfax). The fax detect feature works wether given by static configuration or from router reserved DHCP server, as long as the original IP address used during installation is used. The problem arise when I want to change the PI IP address (for example, to set it up on another network)

Now

Let's say I want to use another IP address, like 192.168.1.240 or 10.0.0.4 or any other... After this change, everything is working fine BUT the fax detect feature. So my question is : Is there any other variable to change anywhwere else in the system so that I get fax detect again with the new IP address ?

Thanks for responding to this

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
The short answer is 'I don't know' whether there are fixed values.

However, if you run:
find / -type f -exec grep -l "text-to-find-here" {} \;

And search for the original IP address you should be able to see if it is hard coded anywhere in your system in a config file.

If I have my syntax wrong, just use google

Andrew

dramenard

Reaction score
Thanks Andrew for your response.

I have done this already, and even with searching the system in the smallest details, nothing came up for a sample of solution. I think something else must be looked at a different way. This is the purpose of this post.

Thank you

Andre

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.