BUG RaspberryPi2 Incredible Fax

dandy_don

Reaction score
Hi Ward,

I've tried (twice today) to build an entirely fresh install of "Gotcha-Free Raspberry Pi 2", etc.

I've started fresh each time with newly wiped microSD cards...

Untaring the "incrediblepbx11guiPi.tar.gz" does yield both the incrediblefax11-GUI.sh and IncrediblePBX11Pi-GUI.sh files. However, executing IncrediblePBX11Pi-GUI.sh does remove incrediblefax11-GUI.sh

That isn't the show stopper -- just "wget" again, untar and then you have the fax install script again...

However, when attempting to install faxing, there appears to be an error during the script involving some of the mirror or repositories. Bottom line is that while the install appears to go to completion, there is never a request to enter one's area code and Avantfax never appears as a GUI-option in the as shown above. Also, the status now shows postfix (instead of sendmail) but postfix is always offline (down). When attempting to access Avantfax using the "Incredible PBX Apps" GUI, I get the following response:
"The requested URL /avantfax was not found on this server." I'm using a 10.10. internal networking scheme vs. 192.168. -- Not sure if that makes a difference or is causing the errors.

Also -- during the install, there is never a request to enter one's area code. Perhaps I've missed something?

What do you think the problem might be? I'm following the instructions to the letter.

One other "odd" thing: Although I've changed the voicmail credentials for the default 6001 and 6002 extensions as well as adding other extensions, etc., running "cat passwords.FAQ" shows only the original passwords for the first two extensions. None of the changes made or additional extensions show up in the output.

Thanks,
Don

dandy_don

Reaction score
OK -- Retried yet a third time and this time the repositories were kind and all was downloaded and it all seemed to go fine. However, there was never an opportunity to enter an area code. Is this an error? I have not configured faxing yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.