TIPS Random Calls

DavidBer

Reaction score
Hello,

I am running PIAF at RentPBX. I have 30 extensions sitting at HQ behind a Cisco 5520. I have 20 remote users. These remote users are not connecting via a VPN, they are straight connecting to RentPBX.

These guys are getting random sip calls at all times of the day. Their phone will show a call from an IP to them that is not from anywhere else. I am not sure if they are attempts through RentPBX down to the extension or attempts at their end from script kiddies.

All the phones are Polycom VVX310s.

Is there any setting anywhere I can do to only allow calls from our RentPBX server and reject the rest?

Thanks,

dave

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I expect you'd have to configure their firewalls to permit only traffic from your IP. But it seems odd their end is permitting the traffic at all. Did you check the Polycom admin manual to see if there's a way to disabled anonymous calls?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
DavidBer: Have you implemented Travelin' Man 3 on your RentPBX platform?? I'd start there.

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

Travelling man would be best, but how have you got your inbound routes set up? You should only allow calls that are to your DID. If you have a catchall inbound route, then ensure this is pointed to hangup.

Joe

Members online

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muneer
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.