TIPS Random Call from Extension 1000

jake372

Reaction score
I am getting a little freaked out. I keep getting random calls from an internal extension (1000) and when I answer, no one is there.

I am have incredible PBX installed at RentPBX.

Should I be worried?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Jake

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Is anonymous SIP disabled on your PBX? It can also be someone simply autodialling your number with spoofed Caller ID.

jake372

Reaction score
Yes, it is disabled (Sip Settings - Allow Anonymous Inbound...set to no)

Fortel

Guru
Reaction score
A bit late to this party, but...

I'll bet there was no record of the incoming call in your pbx, is that right? I've encountered this a number of times. Inbound calls from some extension that didn't even exist on the pbx- and there was no evidence of the call coming through the PBX. Instead, the call was placed directly to one of our Polycom telephones, via port 5060.

You could possibly create a rule in your firewall, white-listing your pbx with the appropriate ports. Or, you could change from the default SIP port and use something more obscure.

In our case, the solution was to add a bit of code to the phone's configuration (via a firmware edit,) such that the phone would only respond to traffic from the PBX.

Code:
<voIpProt.server voIpProt.server.1.address="yourpbx.com" voIpProt.server.1.port="5060" />
<voIpProt.SIP voIpProt.SIP.enable="1">
<voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.address="" />
<voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.1.method="source" voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.1.request="INVITE" />

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.