FYI Questions about IncrediblePBX11-12U.sh

Spike

Reaction score
Dear all,

I'm tying to get a better handle of the install process of Incredible PBX on my Ubuntu machine and while reviewing the script I found some things that left me puzzled.

First off, chan motif and google voice calls. This seems to depend on ICE which in turns depends on PJSIP (found info in various posts, but see this one as an example: http://pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/asterisk11-breaks-google-voice.15127/), but the install script doesn't compile pjsip so I'm confused if that's why I couldn't get gvoice to work when I tried (might have been something else tho).

Second, mysql cdr is disabled (menuselect/menuselect --disable app_mysql --disable app_saycountpl --disable cdr_mysql menuselect.makeopts), but then a cdr db is created (mysqladmin -u root -p${ADMIN_PASS} create asteriskcdrdb). What is this for? The only place where I've seen it referenced is another piece of the install that deals with CEL, but my understanding is that CEL is new in 13 and not in 11. Did I get that wrong? And if that's not used does it make the odbc stuff unneeded?

thanks for all the hard work,

Spike

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
First off, chan motif and google voice calls. This seems to depend on ICE which in turns depends on PJSIP (found info in various posts, but see this one as an example: http://pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/asterisk11-breaks-google-voice.15127/), but the install script doesn't compile pjsip so I'm confused if that's why I couldn't get gvoice to work when I tried (might have been something else tho).

See the Google Voice troubleshooting tips in the Nerd Vittles tutorial. It should work out of the box. PJsip is not fully implemented in Asterisk 11. Pieces of it are added as part of the Asterisk 11 compile process. In Asterisk 13, it's compiled separately and called pjproject.

First off,Second, mysql cdr is disabled (menuselect/menuselect --disable app_mysql --disable app_saycountpl --disable cdr_mysql menuselect.makeopts), but then a cdr db is created (mysqladmin -u root -p${ADMIN_PASS} create asteriskcdrdb). What is this for? The only place where I've seen it referenced is another piece of the install that deals with CEL, but my understanding is that CEL is new in 13 and not in 11. Did I get that wrong? And if that's not used does it make the odbc stuff unneeded?

ODBC takes care of pushing entries into the MySQL CDR database.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.