DEAL Professional IVR Prompt Recording

RadioChuck

Reaction score
I am a radio professional for nearly twenty years and I can produce client-specific IVR prompts and music on hold at very affordable rates. All messages delivered online in 8000 Hz, 16 bit WAV format (unless otherwise specified) and are produced using professional equipment. Product can usually be delivered same or next day, after payment is received via PayPal.

My rates are far less than many of the places you'll find online and the final product will sound far superior to what most users can achieve using the handset of the telephone.

Rates are as follows...

-- $65 for a full 8 1/2 x 11 letter size page of copy, Courier size 12 font, with a max of 24 individual lines (copy will be sized upon arrival). Final product will be provided as individual files when delivered (may be zipped for easy download). This rate is for a "dry" read with no music. For music in the background, add $5 for production cost.

-- Individual prompts recorded at $6.50 each (max 4 lines, 8 1/2 x 12, Courier, size 12 font).

-- $12 for a 90 second Music On Hold file which will contain up to 45 seconds of copy (five lines of copy at 8 1/2 x 11 letter size page, with Courier size 12 font equals about 15 seconds). I can do up to 60 seconds, but I find that more than 10 or 15 seconds of copy per 30 seconds of music gets to be a bit much. It's at your discretion, though.

I have a demo available that I can e-mail and also have a female announcer available, if that's preferred. Feel free to reply to this message with questions, or contact me directly with ordering instructions and payment info. Thanks!

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
You got a website with some samples or post male and female example here?

RadioChuck

Reaction score
Here are the male and female samples. The website isn't finished yet. It may be a few more days before I have it all ready to go.

If you're interested in having us record some prompts for you, let me know and I can send you a PDF with the ordering info.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IVRdemo-male.mp3
    505.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IVRdemo-female.mp3
    452.4 KB · Views: 43

phoneguy

Guru
Reaction score
Or if you want prompts done that match the prompts already on your PBX so that all included prompts and your custom prompts to match I highly recommend Allison Smiths website. For those who do not know Allison she is the voice of Asterisk that is already on your PBX and she has done alot to help support both Asterisk and FreePBX so its a easy way to give back to her for all the work she has done for free that we all get to use.

http://www.theivrvoice.com/

RadioChuck

Reaction score
We're all just trying to make a living here, pal.

Nothing against Allison. I'm sure she does great work. It's not a competition. I'm just putting it out there, what I do. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Hyksos

Guru
Reaction score
Hi Chuck, I'm sure he just wanted to point out more options from an affiliated person.
First thing that came to my mind was you should take this "suggestion" :) Record all the default prompt of a PBX and offer them for free. Maybe even Female and Male and more languages if you know more the english (which you haven't mentionned by the way.)

So you offer something for free that some might use... although some would have to prefer your voice to Allison's...
Seriously this would not be surprising, if I don't want the same voice as everyone has... for my default prompts.
So it could drive traffic and attention to you... where you market your custom paid for stuff.
You could also do more then the default ones... but still generic... I lack examples... but maybe "You are being transferred to the corresponding Cellphone for this person..." Whatever... people could want but would never buy kinda thing.
You could crowd source what people want and need.

It also would solve the problem phoneguy is raising if someone buy custom prompts from you. They could replace the rest of the "FREE" prompts for yours, that match your custom products.

It could be argue that giving all the default prompts for free is bad business, but since they are free already and included in every PBX... not sure why someone would actually buy that.
And the additional ones you could offer for free could make some people switch to your set.... and make them potential conversion for custom stuff.
So... Not in your business vertical at all... Just saying what crossed my mind.

phoneguy

Guru
Reaction score
Radio Chuck also decided to PM me direct here and attack me so just want everyone to know I personally gain nothing in promoting Allison as he claimed in a PM. Yes I know Allison personally and she is a great person and has done so much to help grow and promote Asterisk over the course of 10 years now.

RadioChuck

Reaction score
I appreciate it, Hyksos. I'm just trying to offer a service to the community for less than some of the websites out there are charging. Having the ability to speak and some decent recording equipment doesn't mean you should gouge people. My thought is, offer my services at a reasonable rate and you'll make out in the long run.

I'm a radio guy who's just trying to use my expertise to put my kids through school. It's a tough world out there. There are a lot of people who do what I do. I'm just trying to offer my services at a reasonable rate and hopefully make a few bucks while I'm at it.

Thanks!

RadioChuck

Reaction score
Tony... I don't know why you're all over me. I think FreePBX/Schmooze is awesome. I would recommend it to anyone. I totally support the project. The PM I sent to you was just to ask why you hijacked my thread. I'm just trying to put in a little extra work to put my kids through school. The exact text of my PM was "Thanks for jacking my thread. I'm just trying to feed my kids. Way to make a new user feel welcome to the community. I hope Allison is making it worth your while." Just wanted that out there, since we're pulling back the curtain.

I don't know if you're a moderator here or what your deal is, but you jacked my thread. I don't know why, but I'm sure you have your reasons. I posted in the appropriate section, as far as I'm aware. If Allison has something to offer, she can make her own post, or you could do so on her behalf. It's not a competition. I'm just trying to work for a living. But you are the reason message boards get a bad rap. It's drama like this.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in my services, let me know.

BTW, yes... I can do some "light" Spanish lines. I lived in L.A. for a long time. I picked up a few things. ;) Actually, I'm pretty good with the dialect. If you need the whole read in Spanish, I have some other announcers that can get the job done. Let me know and we'll provide what you need. Thanks!

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Sigh. I have no stake in this but I've got an opinion on everything and this is the internet - so . . .

Tony - not to be a jerk, but it's kind of, at least in my view, a little bit rude to call someone out over something they said as a PM to you. It's called a PM for a reason. Mind you I'm part Canadian we find a lot of things rude.

RadioChuck - glad to have you here. When you advertise things on a forum for free, some people will naturally point out another solution. In this forum in particular that will always be the case. I don't speak for the forum ever - I am speaking personally here and always. It isn't really a matter of jacking your thread per se - it's simply keeping content of a similar type together. This is a relatively active forum and it's nice sometimes to have a thread that becomes a sort of "master" for certain things. So "voice talent" is available from you, and Allison, and who knows who else might chime in. It is a competition! But it's ideally the friendly type . . .

RadioChuck

Reaction score
Thanks, wardmundy. Nice to be here. I think that's a great idea in the post by Hyksos. I'd definitely be interested in doing that.

Does anyone know if there's somewhere online where I can find a current list (script) of all of the system prompts? If I do this, I want to be a thorough as possible and not miss anything. I'd prefer have someone involved that's more experienced than myself.

atsak: Thank you! I appreciate your comments.

phoneguy

Guru
Reaction score
Just for clarification hijacking a thread is when you take some thread and try and change the topic. I was just adding additional info for those that were not aware Allison also does custom prompts and they would match the prompts already on your system.

Reaction score
RadioChuck If you wanted to post an advertisement without the opportunity for community members to respond you should contact Ward about buying advertising space or working out some type of revenue share with him. I understand that you are "just trying to make a living" we all are, phoneguy posted an alternative solution, provided by someone that has been involved in the Asterisk/FreePBX Community since the beginning, in fact she was involved before there was even a FreePBX. Yes many of us personally know and respect Allison, and she attends many community events, both large and small, so she is a known entity in this world. You have been a member of the PIAF Community since Friday, and from your Twitter Feed it seems you are actually running a Grandstream PBX, do you even use PIAF?

Bju7qbFCIAAklM8.jpg

james

Guru
Reaction score
Jusy adding on to Hyksos post.

The big selling point to Allison outside of her extensive community involvement and support is uniformity. To have the same voice across the board is very appealing. So I would say though all the base prompts are not required it would be a good start to leveling the field.

Allison has done well to earn her place and that is why you will find people very protective of her. You scratch the back that scratches yours. You will find the community also does well to take care of their own.

A lot of folks make a living within this community but they also pay their dues and give up a lot of them selves before they see a penny. They then continue to give back to the community often more so once the bills are paid.

voipRookie

Reaction score
Just curious reconwireless do you use PIAF or do you use your FreePBX distro? I don't mean for testing but for production systems. Its probably just me but it seems like the FreePBX guys like to come onto this forum with a sharp stick and poke people. Please don't get me wrong, the FreePBX guys more often then not DO provide valuable information on this forum. I just get tired of the poking...

RadioChuck If you wanted to post an advertisement without the opportunity for community members to respond you should contact Ward about buying advertising space or working out some type of revenue share with him. I understand that you are "just trying to make a living" we all are, phoneguy posted an alternative solution, provided by someone that has been involved in the Asterisk/FreePBX Community since the beginning, in fact she was involved before there was even a FreePBX. Yes many of us personally know and respect Allison, and she attends many community events, both large and small, so she is a known entity in this world. You have been a member of the PIAF Community since Friday, and from your Twitter Feed it seems you are actually running a Grandstream PBX, do you even use PIAF?

Bju7qbFCIAAklM8.jpg

Reaction score
Just curious reconwireless do you use PIAF or do you use your FreePBX distro? I don't mean for testing but for production systems. Its probably just me but it seems like the FreePBX guys like to come onto this forum with a sharp stick and poke people. Please don't get me wrong, the FreePBX guys more often then not DO provide valuable information on this forum. I just get tired of the poking...

Not sure how it's relevant, but yes I still have a remaining personal customer on an older system running PIAF, all others have been migrated to the FreePBX Distro, and that one is scheduled to be migrated during the the next maintenance window.

Outside of my personal installs of course Schmooze has support customers utilizing PIAF, and obviously the core functionality utilized by PIAF users is the FreePBX GUI, both pretty valid reasons for "FreePBX Guys" to check in and participate here.

You may not be aware, but I as well as a couple other "FreePBX Guys" got our start with FreePBX using the PIAF Distro, many on earlier now defunct FreePBX based Distros. In fact I was a GURU and active on these forums before I ever spoke with anyone at Schmooze. If you review my posting history here and across the forums of various Distro's utilizing FreePBX you will find I'm very kind to new users of the platform. Answering many questions, as well as pointing out relevant documentation, not just providing a RTFM reply. Where there is FreePBX, whether it's here, Digium's AsteriskNow forums, the Elastix forums and various social media channels we participate in, you will likely find postings by me. All our eggs are in the FreePBX basket, so yes we want new community members to join and thrive in the FreePBX EcoSystem.

So, why does it seem that the FreePBX Guys come here just to poke?

The majority of them don't come here, and those that do have been less and less for their own reasons, but mostly because we stay pretty busy with developing and moving FreePBX forward. We focus as much of our time on improving and continually pushing FreePBX, and that leaves little time for forum browsing (this is why we are always asking, Have you opened a ticket?) FreePBX 12 is bringing a lot of new stuff (Opensource Stuff) to the table (not just the Asterisk 12 new shiny features) but completely rewritten User Control Panel and lots of new functionality in the Admin GUI. With the fast scope of current development, and the tight timelines we have put on ourselves to execute many of us don't have time to stroll the forums like we once did. This is one of the reasons we hired James (see his above post) he is the full time community manager for FreePBX, and very active here.

So why did I pull out my sharp stick and poke the OP? Simple answer because in my personal opinion he deserved it.

The OP seemingly has no real involvement with the Piaf project or FreePBX other than to want to sell his services to the people using the software, of which he doesn't seem to use himself. Don't get me wrong, I understand what his goal was, as sales and marketing guy, if I don't sell stuff people don't eat, and FreePBX development dies, so I take my role pretty seriously. I'm sure the OP takes his role pretty seriously as provider for his family, and I don't begrudge him for trying to expand his opportunities. I don't really have an issue with his initial post, and had I came across this thread first, I probably would have posted Allison's information had Tony not done so, because she is literally at every Asterisk and FreePBX event I am, so I know of her commitment to the projects, and I really don't think that enough people in this particular community are aware that she is readily available for this type of work.

I do however take issue with someone that will join a community and right away hang out their shingle, then get condescending ("We're all just trying to make a living here, pal.") when it is pointed out that there are other solutions available other than his, yes, that in my opinion deserves a poke. He may have a viable product for someone looking for dirt cheap IVR work, but I personally think that if there is going to be a (buy, sell, trade) forum that Ward should follow the example of other technology forums I've been a part of in the past and require either a set time period of forum membership, or a set number of forum post before allowing people to post in this particular sub-forum.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Our only rule on self-promoting posts is that everybody gets one. We don't much care whether it's on Day 1 or later, but you do run the risk of triggering some responses you might not like when you do it before you learn the lay of the land. :death:

Hyksos

Guru
Reaction score
This thing is already hijacked all the way and it was a pub spot and it's not the main goal of a forum like this...so

When new users to this ecosystem and even somewhat older ones express resentment toward FreePBX people I feel like apologizing for them each time...
It's like people don't know where software they're using are coming from.
PIAF is an aggregation, CentOS+Asterisk+FreePBX+extended custom scripts/configs. See what's in there?
It's like if people on the CentOS forum would express negativity toward Kernel Developers! WTF...
You're forming a bad opinion against the people who coded and maintain 99% of the code that turn the Asterisk engine into something you can use everyday... It's really like having resentment toward the Linux Kernel people, who could form such opinions?
People who don't know where the stuff they're downloading is coming from and people who don't understand the ecosystem and the participants.

Ward has opinions, Tom too. FreePBX have opinions too. Strong opinions sometimes, they don't always agree, etc.
It's a free world, a free open source world. What is the problem with having all those people poke each other, have disagreements, be pissed, whatever?
There is no problem, that's opinionated people hanging out...

FreePBX people are not always right and they don't always have the best ideas, etc.
Ward and Tom are not always right and they don't always have the best ideas, etc.
They talk about that, here, in tickets, in FreePBX forums, on phone calls, in emails, in person... whatever.

There is also money in there for both so that can sometime mean even stronger opinions and competition among them.

None of that is a problem or is something that should be prevented from happening on forums.
FreePBX sometime look like they are attacking PIAF and PIAF sometime look like they are attacking FreePBX, that's normal too why wouldn't you want people to call eachother's bullshit/errors/misunderstanding/opinions when they see it? It's not a Christian reunion it's a technical forum.

If some downstream integrator of something you wrote do something you think should be done differently, I bet you'd tell them?
If some uptream coders were doing something you think is wrong and you're trying to use that code to integrate it into something you're writing, I bet you'd tell them?

STOP wishing people would stop arguing and get along, suckers make really bad software ecosystems.
Go read Linus Torvald discussing stuff with his ecosystem participants then come back and compare, we're in wonderland here!

Still want to reflect badly on FreePBX devs? Sure, go write your own 145K lines of code and maintain it THEN form an opinion!
Or just be ignorant and boot your PBX while thinking Linus is an A**hole and FreePBX too...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.