Problems with Travelin’ Man 3 add-fqdn script on raspberry pi model B

MiguelZ

Reaction score
I'm trying open ports to a VPN server in the same box that hosts incrediblepbx. I installed and updated incrediblepbx and configured the VPN (strongswan) and make a port forwarding rule in the router to the raspberry pi on ports 500 and 4500. Initially I wasn't able to connect but I followed this two threads in the forum:

http://pbxinaflash.com/community/in...-to-iptables-for-openvpn-w-tm3-running.15332/
http://pbxinaflash.com/community/in...envpn-settings-for-iptables.15372/#post-99224

I disabled iptables for a while and the connection was successful.
With iptables enabled again, I executed this line:

Code:
iptables -A INPUT -p udp -m multiport -s <<my remote ip here>> --dports 500,4500 -j ACCEPT

, and the connection was successful again.
Before trying to modify the add-fqdn script to execute the same line above using a dynamic dns name, I tested the script with the option 0 which is supposed to open all ports and I was unable to connect to the VPN.
When I executed the script, apparently no rules are added. This is the command result

The following iptables rules now are in effect for <<my dns name>>: <<my ip address>>.

Also, the command iptables -nL | grep <<my ip address>> does not show anything.
Looking inside the add-fqdn script, it apparently generates a temp file with the rules to be applied, and then it tries to write the results to the file /etc/iptables/rules.v4 using the line
Code:
sed -i '/# End of Trusted Provider Section/r '$tmpfile'' /etc/iptables/rules.v4
Looking at the file, no new rule is added, and there is not any section with the text “End of Trusted Provider Section” inside.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.