SOLVED Problem with one router and one phone

rchalk

Reaction score
I have an Aastra SIP DECT system which includes the base station and a wireless handset. If I try to set this up through an Asus RT-N16 router, it will log in to the server, but only "half-Way", which is to say that it is connected for outgoing calls, but apparently not registered, as the peer status shows Unreachable, and the phone cannot receive calls.

When I switch to a Buffalo router, everything works normally, and the phone works fine.

I have used the same Asus router in several locations, with over 100 phones, and never had a problem like this. Those phones are Aastra 6757i for the most part, with a couple of 6753i and a couple of 9480i in the mix.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this one phone is not working correctly?

Thanks for your thoughts...
Richard

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Have seen this issue with the Aastra's, not sure why on that router. I fixed it by loading Tomato firmware. There's probably other ways to fix it as well.

rchalk

Reaction score
OK, found the problem. Asus router comes with SIP ALG enabled by default, and no setting in the GUI to turn it off. I found instructions on using Telnet, and the commands necessary, and now all is working fine.

Thanks for looking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.